× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

nighthawk mr2100 worst router I've ever had? I need help

Rogi_PL
Initiate

nighthawk mr2100 worst router I've ever had? I need help

Netger filled me with enthusiasm when I saw the possibilities of mobile routers. 2 years later I bought myself mr2100. Before that, I used old huawei models. When I picked up the package with mr2100, I was full of optimism and hope that I am picking up high-end equipment that will transfer my internet connection to a higher level. In practice, however, it turned out that the longer I use it, the worse my sleep is. I use the Internet with several people and I constantly get calls from customers that the Internet is not working. I cannot control the situation remotely, so it forces me to constantly come to the place where the router is installed. I used to use really old models of huawei routers before and for years no problem occurred. Since I have mr2100 at home, the nightmare has been looming. Getting to the point. I needed a faster connection with the operator, better coverage and the ability to connect more users via wifi. I was also convinced by the touch panel to operate the router without an application, 5G connectivity, USB-C, a large battery. Marketing it looks beautiful because Netgear boasts all of this in router advertisements. In practice, however, these functions are useless if the router does not fulfill the basic functions. The range is the same as the old Huawei and although it did not have all these goodies, it was stable and I did not have to operate it at all. MR2100 keeps showing problems with wifi connection.
At the moment I have several wifii controlled devices connected to my router and range extenders for other users. The router after a few days from rebooting begins to crash when trying to use the menu via the touch screen. Devices connected via wifi lose connection with the router, for some reason they do not want to reconnect (I mean home devices that control e.g. heating, light or consumption measurement). Restarting the router only helps that the menu works faster for a while, but after a few days it becomes silent again and home devices still have problems with connection. Never before when I used old simple huawei routers have I had such problems. If for some reason (e.g. change of operator) I had to restart the router (and I did it fastest once every 6-12 months) all connected devices connected up to 5 minutes after restarting the router. During the 6-12 months between possible reboots, everything worked stably and flawlessly. From the moment you buy the mr2100, nothing works right. I must also mention that the built-in screen has a really bad touch. Sometimes I have to touch 5 times in one place to get him. The device becomes so muddy that sometimes a restart only helps to have normal control over its functions. Today, and in an act of desperation, for the 3rd time in 6 months of owning the router, I performed a factory reset hoping that something would help. Does this model show such problems and are there more people who have the same problem? Is there any update planned? Because if no one helps me solve the problem, I will have to sell this device and buy the latest Huawei model with 5G network support. The MR2100 is one of the most expensive routers on the market and it is inconceivable that such problems should occur. I am asking for a consultation. I appreciate the help of the harness.

Model: MR2100|Mobiler Router Nighthawk M2
Message 1 of 2
Rogi_PL
Initiate

Re: nighthawk mr2100 worst router I've ever had? I need help

after a complete reboot, the device worked for exactly 3 days. Problems started again today. All mobile devices (drivers, repeater, etc.) do not want to connect to the device. In my smartphone, when I connect to the network, the message "connected, limited connection" or "device temporarily busy" pops up. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

@Rogi_PL wrote:
Netger filled me with enthusiasm when I saw the possibilities of mobile routers. 2 years later I bought myself mr2100. Before that, I used old huawei models. When I picked up the package with mr2100, I was full of optimism and hope that I am picking up high-end equipment that will transfer my internet connection to a higher level. In practice, however, it turned out that the longer I use it, the worse my sleep is. I use the Internet with several people and I constantly get calls from customers that the Internet is not working. I cannot control the situation remotely, so it forces me to constantly come to the place where the router is installed. I used to use really old models of huawei routers before and for years no problem occurred. Since I have mr2100 at home, the nightmare has been looming. Getting to the point. I needed a faster connection with the operator, better coverage and the ability to connect more users via wifi. I was also convinced by the touch panel to operate the router without an application, 5G connectivity, USB-C, a large battery. Marketing it looks beautiful because Netgear boasts all of this in router advertisements. In practice, however, these functions are useless if the router does not fulfill the basic functions. The range is the same as the old Huawei and although it did not have all these goodies, it was stable and I did not have to operate it at all. MR2100 keeps showing problems with wifi connection.
At the moment I have several wifii controlled devices connected to my router and range extenders for other users. The router after a few days from rebooting begins to crash when trying to use the menu via the touch screen. Devices connected via wifi lose connection with the router, for some reason they do not want to reconnect (I mean home devices that control e.g. heating, light or consumption measurement). Restarting the router only helps that the menu works faster for a while, but after a few days it becomes silent again and home devices still have problems with connection. Never before when I used old simple huawei routers have I had such problems. If for some reason (e.g. change of operator) I had to restart the router (and I did it fastest once every 6-12 months) all connected devices connected up to 5 minutes after restarting the router. During the 6-12 months between possible reboots, everything worked stably and flawlessly. From the moment you buy the mr2100, nothing works right. I must also mention that the built-in screen has a really bad touch. Sometimes I have to touch 5 times in one place to get him. The device becomes so muddy that sometimes a restart only helps to have normal control over its functions. Today, and in an act of desperation, for the 3rd time in 6 months of owning the router, I performed a factory reset hoping that something would help. Does this model show such problems and are there more people who have the same problem? Is there any update planned? Because if no one helps me solve the problem, I will have to sell this device and buy the latest Huawei model with 5G network support. The MR2100 is one of the most expensive routers on the market and it is inconceivable that such problems should occur. I am asking for a consultation. I appreciate the help of the harness.

Model: MR2100|Mobiler Router Nighthawk M2
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7