Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

All Circle Profiles and Premium Subscription Disappeared - How can I get them back?

bspead
Guide

All Circle Profiles and Premium Subscription Disappeared - How can I get them back?

I have had an RBR50 and 2 RBS50s for several years (even replaced them once when lightning took them out) and I have had good success with them with one exception.  Every 9-12 months or so, my highly configured Circle Profiles will just disappear.  Restoring from Backup won't ever work and I am forced to re-configure the 8 or so profiles that I manage for my household.  A couple of months ago I decided to upgrade to Premium Subscription for Circle and spent even more time configuring bedtimes, etc.  About a week or so ago, I had an internet outage and when it came back on all of my Profiles had completely disappeared (yet again).  It is even more frustrating this time because I have now lost additional settings due to my Premium configuration.  I rebooted my router and cable modem this morning that they disappeared yet again and this time my Premium Subscription disappeared with them.

Can someone PLEASE help my get my settings back from a couple of weeks ago?  And/or help me understand why they will randomly disappear like this?  Might it have something to do with my ISP changing the IP of my cable modem? (that was one theory I had because of the timing of my lost profiles a week ago coincided with a network outage in my area).  And how can I get Backup /. Restore to actually work so that if/when I do lose my profiles I can get back to where I was on a backup?  

I am getting frustrated to the point of questioning whether I want to stick with Netgear or find another solution 😞  (but I would really rather just get this figured out and stay with my Orbi)

UPDATE - I updated the firmware on my router and satellite and now Premium is back, but my profiles are still missing, so any help I could get in getting my profiles restored and getting backup working would be very much appreciated (it literally takes hours for me to configure all of the rules and exceptions for my household due to gaming and a wide range of kids ages).

Thank you in advance for any help that can be given.

Ben

Message 3 of 10
bspead
Guide

Re: Circle profiles, schedules, everything suddenly gone on Orbi RBR50

Did you ever find out why this happened or how to restore it?  I share your pain and am trying to find an answer that doesn't involve me reconfiguring everything once a year 😞

Message 1 of 10
bspead
Guide

Re: Circle Home Profiles Missing

Did you ever find a solution to this?  I am having the same problem (and have several times in the past)

Message 2 of 10
bspead
Guide

Re: Netgear RBR20: circle removed all profiles and bedtime errors

Did this get resolved?  I am having the same issue with losing the Circle profile configuration

Message 4 of 10
boxsix
Aspirant

Re: All Circle Profiles and Premium Subscription Disappeared - How can I get them back?

Ben - did you ever get resolution on this? I also am having this problem. Not sure what to do...

Message 5 of 10
bspead
Guide

Re: All Circle Profiles and Premium Subscription Disappeared - How can I get them back?

Unfortunately I have not received any answer or solution.  Still hoping that someone from Netgear Support will chime in as this has been very frustrating and diminished my general satisfaction with this system

Message 6 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed on the RBR with a wired PC and web browser, then once setup, I would remove Orbi app from your mobile device, then re-install then log in and run parental controls on the Orbi app and setup or check that you can get in and see if any profiles are there, if not, can you set up new profiles? 

@Blanca_O @KevinLiT 

Message 7 of 10
bspead
Guide

Thank you for weighing in.  Do you expect that this could result in the restoration of the previously configured Profiles?  Have you seen this work previously?  Any idea as to why the Profiles just disappear a couple of times a year? (on 2 different RBRs)

Message 8 of 10
boxsix
Aspirant

I am going to try this in the next few days and will report back on whether it was successful.

Message 9 of 10
bspead
Guide

Thank you!  Looking forward to hearing the result

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7