Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Auto upgrade of firmware of Nighthawk R7000 broke Circle 1st application

Tomas_B
Aspirant

Auto upgrade of firmware of Nighthawk R7000 broke Circle 1st application

Hi,

Today after auto update of router stopped all internet and did a reset of half of its settings. After restoring all settings and enabling parental Circle control my old application Circle 1st gen does not connect anymore to my router while on WIFI with router. This was working for many years and I had all settings but suddently now it stopped working. Loading app just says unable to connect and alternative option trying to pair again it hangs on create account button (Account Agreement screen) with error "Can't connect to Circle".

On the router's admin view enabling the Circle parental control page has redirects to the Circle 1st Gen app but there are no updates. Same story on newly downloaded Android Nighthawk application on click of parental control opens same application.

After researching on web I found video tutorial with link at the end of video to this address https://meetcircle.com/netgear. Opening this page it saus that this service is discontinued. However, the website clearly says that I still be able to continue using this app. But after self router's update it is not possible to use free parental control anymore application.

Please help me to restore my application to working state on my Mobile phone (Android) with all settings (had a big list of users with list of devices). I don't use subscriptions but just filters and pause-resume options. This was fine for me and not willing to pay for premium service.

Tomas

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Tomas_B
Aspirant

Did not downgraded but after reinstall (remove and install) of Circle 1st Gen app in Android phone I was able to setup from scratch my circle network. Unfortunatelly, all my previous settings were lost but now it works with new version of Netgear which is seems to be more reliable, thus it is prefered over old version.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a factory reset and setup the router from scratch again using a wired PC and web browser. After the router is setup again, try to enable Parental controls on the routers web page if that seen. I maybe on the Basic tab screen on the left side or down under Advanced Tab/Advanced/Security. 

If you can't get it working after this, try reverting FW back to what had worked. 

Message 2 of 3
Tomas_B
Aspirant

Did not downgraded but after reinstall (remove and install) of Circle 1st Gen app in Android phone I was able to setup from scratch my circle network. Unfortunatelly, all my previous settings were lost but now it works with new version of Netgear which is seems to be more reliable, thus it is prefered over old version.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7