Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Blocking Fortnite

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Blocking Fortnite

Hi

I have tried to block an ongoing Fortnite session with Disney meetcircle on my Orbi RBK50 Setup. The gameplay just goes on so i suspects something wrong in the pause rules.

From the cli on the router I can see the following firewall rules:

iptables -L PAUSE

Chain PAUSE (1 references)

target     prot opt source               destination         

ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             10.123.234.1        

ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere             match-set circleservers dst

DROP       all  --  anywhere             anywhere             MAC B4:AE:2B:AE:CE:82

DROP       udp  --  anywhere             anywhere             MAC B4:AE:2B:AE:CE:82 udp spt:19132

Why is the sourceport 19132 defined in the UDP-rule, couldnt it just block all UDP-traffic?

Running firmware: 2.3.1.48

AJ

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

I would post about this in the Circle forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Go-Back-to-OPENDNS-Parental-Controls/td-p/1664998/jump-to/firs...

@Retired_Member wrote:

Hi

I have tried to block an ongoing Fortnite session with Disney meetcircle on my Orbi RBK50 Setup. The gameplay just goes on so i suspects something wrong in the pause rules.

From the cli on the router I can see the following firewall rules:

iptables -L PAUSE

Chain PAUSE (1 references)

target     prot opt source               destination         

ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             10.123.234.1        

ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere             match-set circleservers dst

DROP       all  --  anywhere             anywhere             MAC B4:AE:2B:AE:CE:82

DROP       udp  --  anywhere             anywhere             MAC B4:AE:2B:AE:CE:82 udp spt:19132

Why is the sourceport 19132 defined in the UDP-rule, couldnt it just block all UDP-traffic?

Running firmware: 2.3.1.48

AJ

Message 2 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Retired_Member,

Welcome to the community!

This has been reported to engineering and is being worked on. We will provide an update once available.

Dexter

Message 3 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Retired_Member, our latest update from engineering is that this is currently a limitation on the feature and may take a while to be resolved. They will continue to work with the Circle team.

Dexter

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7