Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't create account to use Circle

mc510
Guide

Can't create account to use Circle

Trying to get Circle going on my R7000. I enabled it on my router, then downloaded the Circle app on my Android device ... app says my router is compatible, I use the app to log in to my router account, it says "Circle is Enabled," then at "create account" it always says "can't connect to Circle." Anyone know how to get past this problem?

I'm on latest firmware V1.0.9.64_10.2.64

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 8
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @mc510, welcome to the community! If you've just recently updated the firmware of the device, please try doing a factory reset as described here and see if that fixes it. Let me know how that goes.

Dexter

Message 2 of 8
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @mc510, were you able to get this sorted out?

Dexter

Message 3 of 8
mc510
Guide

Hi again, sorry it took me a while to find the time to do the reset/reconfigure. I did it yesterday, but am still having the same problem with the Circle app (Android) saying that it can't connect to Circle.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 4 of 8
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @mc510, please enable your Private Messaging since I will send you a message. Thanks!

Dexter

Message 5 of 8
mc510
Guide

I’m feeling kind of stupid here, but I can’t find where I am supposed to enable private messages. (Currently using iOS Safari mobile browser, if that matters)
Message 6 of 8
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @mc510, you can click on your profile and go to My Settings > Preferences > Private Messenger > Check Turn on private messages.

Dexter

Message 7 of 8
mc510
Guide

found it. PM now activated. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation