Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't setup Circle Account, "Can't connect to circle" error.

NetUSERW
Tutor

Can't setup Circle Account, "Can't connect to circle" error.

Got this router for its parental control features.  Unfortunately, it has taken so much time trying to set it up, still without success.

No luck setting up circle account, I keep getting "can't connect to circle error."

FW: V1.3.1.26

These are the steps:

On the Circle app 

get started -> hit next (app looking for circle on router)

app found Circle, hit "Enable Circle"

enter Netgear login, hit "Login"

Enabling Circle -> screen shows "Circle is enabled!", but I get a pop up message on phone that said "Can't connect to circle"

Hit "Let's Go!"  to setup Circle account.

At account details, enter name and email, hit "continue"

Enter Phone number, hit "next"   I get pop up message on phone that said "Can't connect to circle".    No mattter how many times I tried, I keep getting the same message.

So I'm stuck.   Netgear genie shows  Circle with Disney is enable, but I can't proceed further.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Model: R7000P | AC2300 Nighthawk Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 1 of 3
RIXX77
Initiate

Re: Can't setup Circle Account, "Can't connect to circle" error.

Hi, Im getting the exact same issue on the R8000?

I had the R7000, updated to the R8000 because everything says that it is compatible with Circe but I cant connect.

I have a Premium account and its being wasted!!!

Latest firmware does not help either.

I select it with Netgear Genie, open the APP (after connecting to the routers wifi) go through the options, everything looks happy until it goes to connect....
Screenshot_20180814-133232.pngScreenshot_20180814-133314.pngScreenshot_20180814-145020.png

"Cant connect to circle", What now?

Message 2 of 3
NetUSERW
Tutor

Re: Can't setup Circle Account, "Can't connect to circle" error.

Sorry to hear that.   After several days/weeks of troubleshooting with tech support, firmware downgrades and upgrades, I was told that Circle is not supported in my country (I'm in Taiwan), hence, cannot connect.

I only wish that Netgear made it clear in their product description the locations which Circle is supported.   If I knew it was not supported in my country, I wouldn't have bought this router.   Thumbs Down.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7