Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Circe on Netgear

athin
Follower

Circe on Netgear

HOW DO YOU REMOVE AN ADMIN FROM CIRCLE APP

My 13 year old son has gained access to the Circle app as an admin by getting hold of my phone when i gave it to him for something else. Now i have set the pin, but since he has access and does not want me to control his screen time, he does not remove it. I have tried un-installing, but he restores it from back up! Very smart for his age !

How do I remove him as an admin. I need to be able to do whatever from my phone or i dont mind reinstalling the whole thing if that would help.

Please help.

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

You may need to set up Circle with a different or new email account on your system. Then besure not to give your phone to your son at all. Or put the Circle app on a pad or different phone that he doesn't have access too. Set his phone up for the security needs, then force a  a new backup of his phone that includes the security configuration. Be sure to remove all older backups. 

Please post about this over in the Circle forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Circle-Smart-Parental-Controls/bd-p/en-home-circle
https://www.netgear.com/support/product/circle.aspx

Good Luck. 

@athin wrote:

HOW DO YOU REMOVE AN ADMIN FROM CIRCLE APP

My 13 year old son has gained access to the Circle app as an admin by getting hold of my phone when i gave it to him for something else. Now i have set the pin, but since he has access and does not want me to control his screen time, he does not remove it. I have tried un-installing, but he restores it from back up! Very smart for his age !

How do I remove him as an admin. I need to be able to do whatever from my phone or i dont mind reinstalling the whole thing if that would help.

Please help.

Message 2 of 3
DatabaseJase
Luminary

This is a flaw in the Circle app because anyone on the local network with the app can request a new admin pin code and gain access.  I suggest using limits on their devices to lock out the Cirle app (iOS Screen Time, Microsoft Family Safety, etc. [not sure what the Google equivalent is]).

Have you thought about just taking their devices away if they abuse them?  Our kids are fully aware that we own their devices and they are on "loan" to them.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7