Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Circle 1st Gen on Orbi parental settings not working

HomeBrewJoe
Aspirant

Circle 1st Gen on Orbi parental settings not working

I think it started happening recently (around the time My circle was discontinued?) but the parental settings I have set have stopped working. The app shows that they are set (bedtime: 9:00pm) and when checking the history of the devices, I see 9:01pm as the last time the device accessed the internet. In reality, I catch my kids up at 10:30pm watching YouTube....

I am not sure what to do to get this thing to work correctly again... I would hate to reset it as there are many devices saved and set up on it...
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
svetaketu
Luminary

Re: Circle 1st Gen on Orbi parental settings not working

Hi @HomeBrewJoe , 

It could be that the video they are watching was already cached in their device.

I suggest that if you want to test if the settings are working or not, try to create another profile and move the kids devices to that profile temporarily and observe.

Try to also revisit your filters as you might have set youtube to be accessed anytime.

Hope it helps.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
svetaketu
Luminary

Re: Circle 1st Gen on Orbi parental settings not working

Hi @HomeBrewJoe , 

It could be that the video they are watching was already cached in their device.

I suggest that if you want to test if the settings are working or not, try to create another profile and move the kids devices to that profile temporarily and observe.

Try to also revisit your filters as you might have set youtube to be accessed anytime.

Hope it helps.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7