Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Circle 1st Gen on R7000 blocks sites on 1st attempt, NETGEAR holds a solution that Circle gav...

Circle 1st Gen on R7000 blocks sites on 1st attempt, NETGEAR holds a solution that Circle gave them

I have a problem with free "Circle 1st Generation" embedded on my NETGEAR R7000. The router has the most recent firmware version V1.0.11.110_10.2.100 published on 9/20/2020 at https://www.netgear.com/support/product/r7000.aspx .

The problem is: when I visit a website that I never, or long time ago, visited from the current Circle Profile, the site is blocked by Circle on the first attempt. The blocked event is never shown up in the Cirlce 1st Gen application's "Filtered" section. When I try again a few minutes later from the same Circle Profile, the website does go through.

I contacted Circle helpdesk. On Dec 6, 2020, 5:32 PM PST, a Circle representative Shannon C. said regarding my Circle support ticket # 184727: "What you're describing resembles an issue we discovered several weeks ago that should have been resolved with a subsequent Firmware update."

Subsequently, Shannon C. clarified that Circle has provided NETGEAR with the Circle software update that fixes this issue, and it's up to NETGEAR to actually incorporate this fix in the router firmware.

Question to NETGEAR: where is the R7000 firmware update that incorporates this Circle fix that they provided to you?

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Circle 1st Gen on R7000 blocks sites on 1st attempt, NETGEAR holds a solution that Circle gav...

Hello,

Welcome to the community! I'll check in with our product teams and provide an update as soon as possible. 

Regards,

Christian 

Message 2 of 3

Re: Circle 1st Gen on R7000 blocks random sites on 1st attempt, allows after 1-2 minutes

Five months passed, I still don't have a solution.  My NETGEAR Support Case # 44001765.  Am I alone waiting almost half a year for a resolution of a suppport ticket?

Still have the same symptoms: Website is blocked for the first try accessing it even it is not blocked on the filtered profile. Then after a minute or two the page will load normally.  There are no traces in the "filtered" section of Circle history.  Very frustrating. 

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7