Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Circle 1st gen app stopped changing ISPs

kazzi
Aspirant

Circle 1st gen app stopped changing ISPs

Circle 1st gen on my Android phone was working fine for ages but at the exact time I changes ISP from BT to TalkTalk time stood still. When I went to History on all my Profiles, all stopped at that time. My RBR50 is set as DHCP Server and I made no changes to its setup in any way. By removing the BT Hub and connecting the TalkTalk hub, the RBR50 did its job and broadband flowed through the house. I have rebooted the RBR50 even switched it on and off, On my android phone I have disabled the Circle 1st Gen app and restored it. Disabled Circle profiles and restored. When I cleared cache and data and restored, all previous history was deleted but history and usage shows nothing. Any assistance to get Parental controls up and running again would be much appreciated. (May be delays in replying to any help due to work)

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Circle 1st gen app stopped changing ISPs

Hi kazzi, 

Welcome to the community! What firmware version is your RBR50 currently on?

Christian 

Message 2 of 5
kazzi
Aspirant

Hi Christian,

I have the latest of everything, for Netgear Hub and Orbi, Orbi is V2.5.1.32 and working perfectly.

I actually have someone at Circle trying to get round this issue but to date Istill have the same issue. They even accessed my account and could see devices connected thru the Circle 1st Gen app.

Strange thing is, when, as I have done, I add a new wireless printer, it shows in the Circle app so there is a connection between the app and Orbi but when I do my daily test trying to 'pause' my Internet connection to my home PC, I still get nothing - no control, no history showing, no anything. I can only disconnect devices using the Orbi software.

Jon

Message 3 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the update. Have Circle's support team been able to follow up with you regarding your issue?

Christian 

Message 4 of 5
Manxdan
Aspirant

Hi there,

I just read you post regarding Orbi and Circle. I've just started having the same issue you experienced I.e. parental controls for usage/history not showing, and therefore not limiting my kids. Did you ever resolve this? I'm close to cancelling as I can't find a resolution to the issue.

hoping you can help.

regards,

Dan

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7