Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Circle 1st gen on RBR50 V. 2.7.3.22 question

Atlixnor
Guide

Circle 1st gen on RBR50 V. 2.7.3.22 question

Hi, just wondering if it is worth trying enabling Circle again? I bought this mesh system mainly because of the Circle feature, but had to remove circle and factory resert the router, becaus ecircle was causing problems. This was 2 years ago. Is it safe to give it a new try with basic features (free) first? Do I need to upgrade my fw further? Can I easily remove Circle if I start getting problems again? Or do I have to do a full factory reset and reinstall (time consuming on 3 nodes)?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Circle 1st gen on RBR50 V. 2.7.3.22 question

If a factory reset is needed you can just load the backup from file and be up and running with out having to re-configure everything. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

@Atlixnor wrote:

Hi, just wondering if it is worth trying enabling Circle again? I bought this mesh system mainly because of the Circle feature, but had to remove circle and factory resert the router, becaus ecircle was causing problems. This was 2 years ago. Is it safe to give it a new try with basic features (free) first? Yes. It's what I use. Do I need to upgrade my fw further? No. Can I easily remove Circle if I start getting problems again? Yes. Or do I have to do a full factory reset and reinstall (time consuming on 3 nodes)? Thought it maybe needed. It's best to have a back upconfig file saved with prior enabling Circle or Armor, then have a back up config file saved with after Circle or Armor enabled. 

Message 2 of 4
Atlixnor
Guide

ok. But why do I need a backup of the config after enabling circle? I have enabled it now, and as last time I got a problem with a Home profile device (PS4), but I moved it tio "Unmanaged" and then it worked.

By the way, what is the difference between:

-Remove it from Home

-Unmanaged

-Remove from Circle

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

If a factory reset is needed you can just load the backup from file and be up and running with out having to re-configure everything. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7