Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Circle Allows VPNs

Roadturn
Tutor

Circle Allows VPNs

My teenager is able to bypass Circle Parental Controls by using a VPN. I asked Brightcloud to properly label VPNs so the filter will catch them, but they say VPNs are "computer security networks." To complicate the issue, I can't manually ban sites that show on Circle as numbers only ... this one, for instance: 51.15.2.172 ... Other than completely banning my son from computers, is there a solution?

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Circle Allows VPNs

Hi Roadturn,

Welcome to the community!

I'm not sure if you've come across this link already but might be worth checking out.

Dexter

Message 2 of 4
dwgrant_03
Aspirant

Dexter, I read this response and it's close to what I'm looking for.  I need to identify IP addresses that are from Apple Music and categorize them as "Unmanaged". So the time does not count towards limits.  I cannot seem to find a way to verify a half dozen "uncategorized" IP addresses that I suspect are from streaming music. 

Message 3 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @dwgrant_03, this is something the Circle support team can look into. You can try and reach them here. Apple Music should be something that can be identified by Circle since it is a common application.

Dexter

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7