Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Circle Home Profiles Missing

rcweinbe
Follower

Circle Home Profiles Missing

Last night we had storms and our power flickered for a split second.  Immediately when the network came back online, our Circle profiles were gone.  Everything was lost and for the past day Circle has been alerting me for (existing) "new" devices joining our networking. Going into my Circle app, I find no profiles and apparently, although I was never warned of this or prompted for this, all of our profiles are stored ON PREM WITHIN the Orbi device and may have been permanently lost because there is an "optional" setting to backup profiles on your device. That includes all of our time limits, web settings, profiles, bedtimes, you name it. 1) If this is true, is there any possible way to recover our router back to it's settings from last night before the power flickered.  2) Why isn't this backup required in the app?  How can we possibly think only storing the profiles on a device so susceptible for failure apparently, is acceptable?  

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Circle Home Profiles Missing

Hi rcweinbe, 

May you factory reset your router, run through the setup assistant, and reinstall the Cricle app. You may need to setup the profiles again in the Circle app. 

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7