Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Circle Premium Features Have Been Restored – June 6, 2020

Dustin_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Circle Premium Features Have Been Restored – June 6, 2020

On May 30th, 2020, the NETGEAR and Circle team became aware of an issue where Circle on NETGEAR Premium users were limited to Basic Circle features. Our teams have worked diligently to identify the issue and have been able to fully restore Premium features on June 6, 2020, for those affected. An update for all affected routers should be applied automatically and premium services should be available.

• You do not need to renew your subscription or start another subscription. The subscription remains in place.
  • Your premium features will be available once an update is available for your router.
  • If your premium features have not returned within the next 24 hours you can try rebooting the router and updating its firmware. Afterward, wait at least an hour for those premium features to be restored in the Circle app.
  • For assistance with other Circle on NETGEAR support items see this page.

How do I know if my Circle service was affected?

Only Premium subscription users were affected by this issue. Some of the issues reported include:

• Premium features like BedTime, Time Limits or Usage not appearing for profiles in the Circle 1st generation app
  • Error messages when first setting up a premium subscription of your Circle Account
  • Circle app message asking you to renew or start your premium subscription

To learn more about the issue and for the latest updates, please visit: https://support.meetcircle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001393971--Circle-on-NETGEAR-Premium-Features-U...

Message 1 of 15
MGH728
Initiate

Re: Circle Premium Features Have Been Restored – June 6, 2020

My Subscription services were restored but my history is being wiped out after midnight and starting over so I only have 1 day of Usage and History. Is this a known issue or a setting that I need to change. Thanks

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 15
lonewohlf42
Aspirant

I am grateful that the circle system has been restored. I think it's a great app, but there still is a problem with the login to the router.

I cannot access the router at 192.168.1.1. It come back as connection is not secured and asks you to change your password. My password is extremely complex and secure. but the router replies  with an HTM connection and does not let me login to the router. I have updated to the lattest firmware version and have scanned the internet for this problem and it seems like this is a common problem. will this be fixed or is there already a solution for it that I'm not aware off. Your prompt reponce would be greatfully appreciated. Thank you. My email is lonewohlf42@cogeco.ca.

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 3 of 15
PSUHammer
Luminary

Does this also resolve the issue with Internet connectivity dropping when Circle enabled?

Message 4 of 15
sogood007
Aspirant

Since the Circle Premium Outage, I have been experience DNS lookup issue.  When DNS lookup using the router IP, it will not return address. However, DNS lookup through the ISP Router IP it works.  When that happens, it seems reboot the R7000 resolve it.   However, that happened twice today (which is really annoying)

-Calvin

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 5 of 15
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Circle Community, 

I would recommend performing a factory reset and running through the setup assistant again once you can confirm your Premium features are up and running. 

Christian 

Message 6 of 15
songbee
Aspirant

Hi,
I’ve followed instructions on both Circle and Netgear support page, contact Netgear support over the phone, but still I do not see Premium features on my phone. I've tried (multiple times) rebooting modem, router, reinstalling Circle app, factory reset Circle, wait for more than an hour.

The app just gives me option to subscribe, but I’ve already subscribed (last paid June 2). I don't want to try subscribe Premium Service again (because the Circle support page mentions not to).

Any suggestions how to resolve?

Nighthawk R7000
Firmware V1.0.11.100_10.2.100

Circle Parental Control Info
Agent Version: 2.1.8.9
App Database Version: 1.3.1

Android Circle 1st Gen app

Message 7 of 15
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi songbee,

Thanks for letting us know. May you send me a private message with your email address and case number(s). I'd like to have your case escalated.

Christian 

Message 8 of 15
mikejez
Aspirant

Attempted to use Rewards in Circle after the time set in Bedtime expired. It didn't work. I had to just manually extend Bedtime and then the devices became active on the Internet.
Message 9 of 15
songbee
Aspirant

Thanks for contactimg me.  In the mobile app, I decided to try subscribing the Prermium service again (which the Circle support page suggested not to), and it did help.  I see the Premium features now.

Message 10 of 15
john442
Tutor

No Circle seems to be the cause of it.  Circle is a PITA.

Since this recent fix, I've spent literally hours debugging, on the phone with Charter/spectrum...trying to diagnose speed issues and randomly dropping internet. 

Culprit MotherF&*()g Circle.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/ORBI-RBR50-experiencing-quot-Internet-disconnected-quot-just-i... Worked for me too. 

With the recent interruption of my circle services and now my internet, causing me issues at work.  I not only want to cancel, I want a refund for the past 3 months.  And should be lucky they don't get sued.

Message 11 of 15
andersondiaz
Aspirant

Hi,
I’ve followed instructions on both Circle and Netgear support page,  I've tried (multiple times) rebooting modem, router, reinstalling Circle app, factory reset Circle, wait for more than an hour.

The app just gives me option to subscribe, but I’ve already subscribed (last paid June 2). I don't want to try subscribe Premium Service again (because the Circle support page mentions not to).

Any suggestions how to resolve?

Orbi RBR40
Firmware V2.5.1.16

Circle Parental Control Info
Agent Version: 2.6.0.1214

Android Circle 1st Gen app

Model: RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 12 of 15
Antswitha4
Aspirant

Hi,

Has this been broken again? I've had connection issues on managed devices for 2 days and now my circle app is saying that it's back to its basic settings with no premium. Google play says my subscription is up to date and isn't due for renewal till the 24the Nov.
Message 13 of 15
Peytonloki
Tutor

Same for me. All the premium features are no longer working.
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 14 of 15
Manatee1714
Aspirant

Same with me.   Rebooted phone (ioS), rebooted router.  Tried rescribing to premium features.  Does not work.   Restore purchases says I do not have a subscription but when I go to Manage it shows me my subscription!!

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 13 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7