Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Circle Premium problem again... sigh

Circle Premium problem again... sigh

Woke up this morning and couldn't connect to Circle. 

Rebooted router and now it's asking me to sign up...even though I have a valid yearly subscription in place. 

Renewed it in June after the last debacle cleared up.

With school starting it would be nice to have this working like it is supposed to.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Circle Premium problem again... sigh

Hello,

Is it requesting a passcode/pin from you?

Christian 

Message 2 of 4

No.
The problem is gone but I have a feeling I know what was the underlying issue.

Circle requires that NTP be updated.
I also believe Circle calls back to a central location to update profiles.

Usually not an issue but when either happens you can't adjust profiles, give rewards, etc.
The router will follow whatever the last settings happen to be.

Once both are functioning normal, the router works as it should.
Message 3 of 4
higgs02
Aspirant

I was having the same problem. (Circle app acting like I don't have a premium subscription, which I do. Cancelling and re-purchasing the subscription multiple times did not solve the problem.)  I've been trying everything I could think of -- resetting the Circle 1st Gen app, re-installing it, cancelling and re-purchasing the subscription sooo many times and nothing was working.

But I found the solution here, through a recommended link on this thread!

Although I wasn't being asked for a PIN, there was a "recommendation" for another post below this thread called Solved: Circle premium features not working and that post linked to this Circle support article My Circle on NETGEAR Premium Features are Missing which  describes how to make sure the time and date are correct on your router and to set your NTP server to Netgear's default NTP server.

However, apparently, that was the problem.  My router time and date was off by about 6 months and the default Netgear NTP server was selected.  So just to try something, I changed it to use a preferred NTP server and entered pool.ntp.org and BOOM!  The time and date is now correct and the Circle 1st Gen app shows all my premium features!

So maybe there's a problem with Netgear's NTP server, but pool.ntp.org is working for me.

Hope this can help someone!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7