Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Circle and R7000

Kpayton2019
Tutor

Circle and R7000

So we have the circle enabled for our 13 year old and it shuts off the internet every night at 845. I can verify the internet is off however he still receives the push notification on his iPhone. When he clicks on the notiicicafion he can’t get to it but how do I stop the notification? I can’t just turn them off because then he won’t get notified during allowed time either
Model: R7000P | AC2300 Nighthawk Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Circle and R7000

Hi @Kpayton2019,

This may be a normal behavior of devices that are still connected to the network based on the last paragraph on the Circle KB (stated below):

"Because Circle only monitors outgoing traffic, some services, especially those that utilize push notifications, may still be able to send previews of incoming texts or emails. Attempting to download the full content, or reply to the received message, will not work however. Circle cannot guarantee that these services will always be unavailable."

Dexter

Community team

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Kpayton2019,

Welcome to the community!

You may refer to the link below for the explanation from Circle.

https://support.meetcircle.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001380671-Can-Circle-Manage-Phone-Calls-or-Texts...

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 5
Kpayton2019
Tutor

I get that it can’t block calls or texts but if WiFi assist is turned off clearly the signal is still bleeding on internet activity otherwise he shouldn’t get Facebook notifications or snap chat messages
Message 3 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Kpayton2019,

This may be a normal behavior of devices that are still connected to the network based on the last paragraph on the Circle KB (stated below):

"Because Circle only monitors outgoing traffic, some services, especially those that utilize push notifications, may still be able to send previews of incoming texts or emails. Attempting to download the full content, or reply to the received message, will not work however. Circle cannot guarantee that these services will always be unavailable."

Dexter

Community team

Message 4 of 5
Kpayton2019
Tutor

That makes sense kind of a bummer that circle doesn’t seem bullet proof. It’s like it does everything partially it seems. I really wish Apple would have came out with screen time a lot earlier so we didn’t have to spoof Apple ids
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7