Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Circle and data collection concerns

thank_you
Aspirant

Circle and data collection concerns

Hello, everyone,

I asked the folks at Circle whether enabling Circle Parental Protection on my Nighthawk R6900P would lead to my browsing data (navigation history etc) to be sent to them.  They answered:

"We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us. With Circle on Netgear your information is stored on the Netgear router in your home and only sent to our servers when necessary for continuity of the experience and when supporting your product. 

Any device set to "Unmanaged" will not have any data collect and sent to Circle other than the device type and name on the network, and again only to allow you to remotely manage your Circle account and for us to provide you with support if/when you request support."

I would be thankful if anyone in the community can provide more color on this.  Can Netgear confirm that this is true, or the technology of the router simply not allow such data transmission to the external software module from Circle.

Best,

-Alex

Model: R6900P|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 2
thank_you
Aspirant

Re: Circle and data collection concerns

I received this satisfying response from Jyoti @ netgear.  Please add to this if anyone has other thoughts or observations.  This aspect of our privacy is so critical for a product like this, that I think it's worth our while to ensure what is said is what is done.

"I would like to give you the  assurance from Netgear that if you enable the  Circle on your new R6900P router Circle cannot or does not transmit navigational (browse history) outside of the router. Netgear doesn't keep the record of personal information of its customers. You are good to use circle on your new R6900P and your informations are also safe."

Thank you, Jyoti.

-Alex

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7