Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Circle blocking internet, but I don’t have circle anymore

Circle blocking internet, but I don’t have circle anymore

I don’t know where to ask this as I’m not a frequent flier here. For background info, I used to have Circle embedded in my Orbi. I upgraded to a newer model Orbi and no longer have or use Circle. I’m trying to update an android device I have and every time it attempts to connect to the internet, it gets blocked and this is what’s populated in the address bar every time: “http//:pause.meetcircle-Netgear.com/“. Even if I change the address manually, it blocks the attempt and I can’t do a thing. What the heck is going on here and how can I rectify the issue?
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Is Circle anywhere installed on the phone? 

What model Orbi do you have? 

Message 2 of 4

Thanks for the reply. I’m not sure why this happened, but after speaking with a friend, this seems to be common with the device I was trying to update online. I switched from my home WiFi to a mobile hotspot and got it connected. After one basic update (it’s a tool that has multiple module updates frequently), I went back to my home WiFi without issue. I still have no idea why Circle kept popping up though. We have t used or even had access to Circle for months. To answer your questions though, we don’t have Circle installed anywhere on any device. Our Orbi base is the RBR850 with multiple satellites.
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Well Circle is not supported on Orbi 8 series systems. Smart Parental Controls is. 

Seems like it worked it self out. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7