Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Circle breaks WiFi calling

Torque1
Aspirant

Circle breaks WiFi calling

When circle is enabled, and the profile assigned to a device is not none, WiFi calling does not work. It simply won’t connect. This is tested using a UK three and UK O2 SIM card. If the Circle profile is changed to none (no filtering) it connects straight away. In reviewing the history from the Circle app no domains are listed as being blocked. I can see other posts reporting the same issue, but none have a resolution or even acknowledgement of this issue from Netgear. I have tried the adult profile with VPN and Proxies allowed as per a Circle tech note, this does not work.
Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Circle breaks WiFi calling

Hello Torque1,

If you recently purchased the device I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. You may open a ticket by registering your device using the link below. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 6
Torque1
Aspirant

I purchased the device last November so it’s outside the support period. It has had the issue since new, but I didn’t realise it was circle causing it until I found time to properly diagnose.
Message 3 of 6
Manxviking
Tutor

i have had a similar issue. Spent weeks trying to understand why wifi calling only works intermittently, often having to wait several hours for the iphone SE to pickup wifi calling despite it being connected to a strong signal. Disabled Circle and it connects immediately. The circle profile had VPN etc enabled. It seems that this is a known issue for sometime but Netgear has yet to address it. The whole point of having the orbi was for the parental controls. Come on Netgear, sort this out.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

If you recently purchased the device I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. You may open a ticket by registering your device using the link below. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

@Manxviking wrote:

i have had a similar issue. Spent weeks trying to understand why wifi calling only works intermittently, often having to wait several hours for the iphone SE to pickup wifi calling despite it being connected to a strong signal. Disabled Circle and it connects immediately. The circle profile had VPN etc enabled. It seems that this is a known issue for sometime but Netgear has yet to address it. The whole point of having the orbi was for the parental controls. Come on Netgear, sort this out.

Message 5 of 6
Manxviking
Tutor

I have been using circle for 18 months. I have only just got a phone contract with WiFi calling.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7