Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Circle causing internet outages

Teacup
Aspirant

Circle causing internet outages

I previously had a Netgear router and used Circle with Disney successfully with it. Last month I just got a new one (R7610) and since then Circle is acting up. Internet is turned off at random and I have to hard reboot the system before it is back on. This affects all devices, not just those 'managed' by Circle, including wired devices. Circle is this closed to being binned. What can I do? 

Message 1 of 6
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Circle causing internet outages

Hi @Teacup, welcome to the community! To confirm, the model number of the device is R7610, correct? What is the firmware version of the router? Are you using a separate Circle hardware or the built in Circle functionality of the router?

Dexter

Message 2 of 6
Teacup
Aspirant

Hi Dexter

Thanks for taking the time to reply. The Netgear router is V7610 (also goes by the name Gateway Pro), it was supplied by our telco company when we upgraded our internet connection. The firmware version is V2.2.2.28. We are using a separate, stand alone Circle. There is no parental control on the V7610 router. 

Message 3 of 6
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Teacup, thanks for responding. It is best that you check with your ISP since the V7610 has a custom firmware developed with them and is different from the retail devices. They should be able to provide support for it. You can check for any compatibility issues that they may have with the Circle hardware.

Dexter

Message 4 of 6
Teacup
Aspirant

Hi DexterJB, thanks for the answer, I'll follow up with them.

Message 5 of 6
Teacup
Aspirant

I contacted my provider and it turns out it's not compatible. Now looking for something else. Thanks for your advice.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7