Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Circle does not work with Wired Ports on Orbi

bkhancock
Initiate

Circle does not work with Wired Ports on Orbi

Ok, so I enabled Circle on my Orbi to control my sons light night gaming, but his Nintendo Switch is connected to a wired port on the Orbi (to improve the speed for his online gaming), what I have found it that Circle does not work on wired ports. I confirmed this by plugging in my laptop to the wired port and then paused that device in Circle, but the internet still works on my laptop. If my laptop is connected to the Orbi by Wifi the circle does pause the internet connection.

Is there a fix for this coming or anyway to resolve this ? because otherwise Circle is of no use to me.

Thanks

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
jt2oux
Tutor

Re: Circle does not work with Wired Ports on Orbi

Hi,

Please note that wired ports will show up in orbi as a different device than the wifi adapters.   So make sure that you have selected both devices to be managed in your child's profile.  The reason it shows up as an additional device is due to the fact that the router see's each individual MAC address as a seperate device and each network adapter on your device has a unique MAC address of its own. 

So make sure that you have 2 devices selected if you wish to control the wired and wifi connections on the device.  

Hope this help.

Mike

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7