Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Circle for RBR850

MrUser1234
Initiate

Circle for RBR850

Is there an estimate as to when Circle will be available for the RBR850 system?

Message 1 of 16
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Circle for RBR850

Hello MrUser1234, 

We currently do not have any details to provide surrounding Circle on the RBR850 .

Regards,

Christian 

Message 2 of 16
userABC
Initiate

Thanks for posting that question - I also want to get Circle on my AX6000 RBR850.  I am very disappointed that this router system does not provide Circle services. 

Message 3 of 16
Moriega
Tutor

@Christian_R wrote:

Hello MrUser1234, 

We currently do not have any details to provide surrounding Circle on the RBR850 .

Regards,

Christian 

I have seen posts asking for this feature since I purchased the RBK852 well over a year ago. Why has this not yet been put on a Roadmap? Where can these type of requests be submitted? I don't think putting this in the community page is getting the attention that is needed. There are no parental controls avaiable on this model especially for the price for this Wifi System.

Message 4 of 16

Add me to the list of users looking for Circle app to be natively supported on an Orbi Router RBR850.   I would think a $700 product like this would have parental controls.

Message 5 of 16
Moriega
Tutor

What do we need to do to get Netgear to event comment or look at putting this on a road map. This very disappointing as there is no action from Netgear.

I can't even choose the correct model in the Model section of this comment.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 6 of 16
Moriega
Tutor

Bumping topic as no one from Netgear has replied

Message 7 of 16
Bonacci
Star

+1 from me. Why is this basic functionality not available for such a "premium" device?

The RBK850 is really starting to feel like a step backwards from my RBK50. Such a shame and totally unnecessary. 

Message 8 of 16
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello NETGEAR Community,

Thanks for expressing interest in a Parental Controls service from NETGEAR. We are excited to share that we have been working on a new and improved NETGEAR Smart Parental Controls solution for the Orbi RBK750 and RBK850 Series and are aiming to have it ready for launch in the next few months! Please stay tuned for an update from us. 

Regards,

Christian

Message 9 of 16
Lenn0rt
Aspirant

Upcoming months? How can I block my smarthome accesories in the meantime? TRied everything from pause/resume to restricting full access and can still access it. Even turned UPNP off.

Please assist.

Message 10 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Try access controls? 

@Lenn0rt wrote:

Upcoming months? How can I block my smarthome accesories in the meantime? TRied everything from pause/resume to restricting full access and can still access it. Even turned UPNP off.

Please assist.

Message 11 of 16
Lenn0rt
Aspirant

Acces controls limits the internal link, not external.
Message 12 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

"Have you tried the Orbi web interface, Advanced Tab, Security Menu "Block Services"?

Set up one block for "Any" services, ports 1-65535 on the IP address of that device. and make the Schedule?"

@Lenn0rt wrote:
Acces controls limits the internal link, not external.

Message 13 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/New-RBR850-RBS850-Firmware-Version-v4-6-3-9-Released/m-p/21...

@MrUser1234 wrote:

Is there an estimate as to when Circle will be available for the RBR850 system?

Message 14 of 16
MrUser1234
Initiate

I was excited to hear this in April.  Any update on this Christian?

Message 15 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Please contact @DarrenM for information regarding this. 

Thank you. 

@MrUser1234 wrote:

I was excited to hear this in April.  Any update on this Christian?

Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 21 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7