Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Circle has stopped working

clare77king
Tutor

Circle has stopped working

I have tried, countless times, to get any response from Netgear. We have the above mentioned wifi router. Circle worked for two years - no problem. Now it does NOTHING. I have attached one screenshot, illustrating just some of the messages I get when trying to connect.
Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 11
ron1cne
Aspirant

I first had installed circle and it was working fine for a while. Sometime recently I saw that Armor became available with a router firmware update. I installed the firmware update and Armor with no issues. Got it up and running no issues. I was so excited about that I didn't notice Circle had stopped working. One day I notice my son had been on a site that I expected Circle to block. I checked into it and couldn't figure out why no history or activity was being recorded and nothing in Circle working. It all seemed to be configured correctly. I contacted Circle support and they said it was not enabled on my router. I checked and that was not the case, indeed it was and still is enabled. They suggested I try to reset Circle. I tried from my app on my phone and it was the first time I noticed a problem, when clicking reset it said it couldn't contact Circle on my router. That is when I suspected maybe the firmware update or Armor was the route cause of Circle not working. I can't find a configuration in Armor to allow Circle, I thought maybe Armor was preventing my smartphone app from connecting to the router. I do not see anything in the router log indicating an issue though. Anyway, Circle support and Netgear support seem to be useless at this point. Circle says their product support is provided by Netgear and Netgear says you have to buy a support contract. It's all a big "Circle"! Can anyone out there help?

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 11
hpesigmaguy
Initiate

The same happened to me and I haven't upgraded the router firmware. I suspect it was an iOS update on my phone based on my research. 

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 11
clare77king
Tutor

The app keeps telling me the router is in bridge mode, and Circle won’t work in bridge mode. No idea how it got in bridge mode, or how to get it out of bridge mode. Very frustrating. No help from Circle or Netgear to date
Message 4 of 11
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@clare77king - Please check out page 66 of the user manual linked below on how to set your router to router mode. 

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/R7000P/R7000P_UM_EN.pdf

@ron1cne & @hpesigmaguy - You may need to perform a factory reset on your router and run through the setup assistant again. 

Christian 

Message 5 of 11
clare77king
Tutor

This has not fixed anything. I’ve been paying for my two (2!) Circle subscriptions for months, and nothing works. Please help!
Message 6 of 11
GEMALLTHETIME
Aspirant

My router is having the same problems as yours.  I think Netgear with its 'update of Firmware' has a gliitch in it.  The app worked before the udate and now it don't.  Charging for support on their products is a scam.   I get this feeling China has a hand in this delema and Netgear is corrupt, just like its app.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 7 of 11
ron1cne
Aspirant

Just to close the loop on this issue that I had reported as affecting my system too has been resolved. It was resolved by an update and system wide outage that Netgear notified me of by email on June 26, 2020. The email message is as follows.

Print all
In new window
We're back up and would like to thank you

NETGEAR <emarketing@e.netgear.com>
Fri, Jun 26, 3:46 PM

to me

NETGEAR VIEW ONLINE ►

We're sorry about the recent hiccup with your Circle Premium subscription.

Let us make it up to you! We'd like to offer you $20 off* anything on the NETGEAR store. There's something for everyone and shipping is always free!

To redeem your $20 off, please visit the NETGEAR.com store and enter promo code <I removed the code here> at checkout.- The NETGEAR and Circl...

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 8 of 11
mtran
Aspirant

My Circle has stopped working also!  What is Netgear doing about this?  

Model: R7900P|Nighthawk X6S AC3000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 9 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

You need to contact NG support to let them know your having problems with Circle. 

@mtran wrote:

My Circle has stopped working also!  What is Netgear doing about this?  

Message 10 of 11
mtran
Aspirant

The problem is that I would have to pay for support to get any kind of assistance.  It sucks that Circle is a parental control on my NG router, and now it does not work anymore.  😞

Model: R7900P|Nighthawk X6S AC3000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7