Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Circle not working on RAX80

Netdude90
Aspirant

Circle not working on RAX80

Hello everyone,

I subscribed to Circle on Netgear premium a couple of weeks ago, and it has not been a pleasant experience.  I had some trouble getting it set at first, but that was the least frustrating part.

It seems that Circle will only work for one day and then require a reboot of my router for it function again.  It will work for another day after the reboot, but then goes back to doing the same thing again.  For the past day, however, Circle has not tracked any usage or filtered anything at all, even after rebooting.  I don't get an error message or anything warning that Cirlce is not connected.

When it stops working it will not enforce Bedtime, it will not turn off devices during Offtime, it will not track usage, it will not pause internet, and it will not filter any conent at all.  If I try to make any changes, such as add a device to a profile or move a device to unmanaged, it seems as if it takes effect after hitting the save button, but it doesn't.  Upon exiting and reentering the Circle app on my iPhone, I see that none of the changes actually took place.  

- I have rebooted and reset the router several times to no avail.

- I have reset Circle via the app, and nothing.

- Deleting and reinstalling the circle app does not help.

- Disabling and re-enabling Parental Controls also has not helped.

The router itself works great and is fantastic. The problem seems to be specific to Circle.  I would appreciate any help anyone could provide.  I only have a couple of weeks left on the Circle one month free trial, and I am currently looking at alternative hardware if I can't get this resolved.  The router's integration with Circle is one of the main reasons for my purchase.   Anyone have ideas on what could be causing the issue?  

Router: Nighthawk RAX80

Firmware version: V1.0.3.98_1.0.46

Circle app version: Circle 1st Generation v. 2.1.9 for iOS

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
terumori
Aspirant

Re: Circle not working on RAX80

NTP is not working as expected with V1.0.3.98_1.0.46. I have downgraded to V1.0.3.88 to fix the issue.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
terumori
Aspirant

Re: Circle not working on RAX80

NTP is not working as expected with V1.0.3.98_1.0.46. I have downgraded to V1.0.3.88 to fix the issue.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7