Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Circle on Orbi RBR20 Unable To Find Circle

atlpaul
Aspirant

Circle on Orbi RBR20 Unable To Find Circle

I have an RBR20 mesh system with 2 satellites all on firmware V2.5.1.16 and I keep having an issue connecting to Circle from my phone. I'm on Android and using the latest Circle 1st Generation app. It will work for a while and then out of the blue when I launch it will say "Unable to find Circle" and I have the option to retry or pair new Circle. Retry doesn't work andi If I pair a new circle it will find it, but I then have to completely recreate my setup. Restarting the router and the phone has no affect. It's done this several times now and I'm really frustrated with the service I'm paying for. This was the entire reason I went with Orbi so that I can get Circle. Any solutions to getting this working properly?

Thanks

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
SchaeferM
Aspirant

Re: Circle on Orbi RBR20 Unable To Find Circle

Mine has done that as well, but seems to be a connectivity issue that resolves if I wait about 20 seconds or force close the app and re-open.  I'm on a Pixel 3XL running Android.  Sometimes I notice it if I am home, but wifi on my phone is not turned on so it can't see the orbi network, other times I may be at the store and the kids need a configuration change.  A refresh or force close allows me in after a short time.  Not perfect, but I have gotten used to it.

Mike

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 3
atlpaul
Aspirant

Re: Circle on Orbi RBR20 Unable To Find Circle

Interesting that I am also using a Pixel3 XL. I tried several times yesterday and it never worked so I paired it again and this time it at least didn't lose all my settings. It shouldn't be this buggy though.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7