Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Circle on Orbi RBR50 - "Failed to verify passcode"

OrbiOrbi
Aspirant

Circle on Orbi RBR50 - "Failed to verify passcode"

I've been using Circle on my RBR50 for about a year now.  Occasionaly I get "can't connect to circle" error using the Android app on my Samsung Galaxy S9+.  If I wait a  minute or 2, or kill the app and re-open it, I can eventually get it to connect again.  Last night, this did not work and it would not connect at all for a few hours.  I tried a few things to get it to connect, but it is still not working:

1. Rebooted the router

2. Disabled Circle in router, then re-enabled

3. Uninstalled app, reinstalled it

After re-installing the app it asked me for my passcode. I clicked "I'm the only Circle admin" and nothing happened.  Eventually i did get a text with a code.  I was able to get past the passcode screen, but it still couldn't connect.  Re-installed teh app again, and now I continue to get "Failed to verify passcode".  I get a passcode texted to me evey time I click the link, it is the same passcode each time but no longer works.

How do I get the app re-connected to Circle?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
OrbiOrbi
Aspirant

Re: Circle on Orbi RBR50 - "Failed to verify passcode"

Nevermind about this.  I was able to reach out to the circle app support (help@meetcircle.com) directly and they were able to resolve it.  Not exactly sure what the problem was yet, but they sent me a new passcode to use that worked and got me back into the app.  

Message 2 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Circle on Orbi RBR50 - "Failed to verify passcode"

OrbiOrbi, 

Thanks for providing an update to your post as it may help others who may experience the same issue.

Regards,

Christian 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7