Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Circle on Orbi causes problems

lawnmowerman
Guide

Circle on Orbi causes problems

I saw Circle going offline constantly the past few weeks on my Orbi RB50; it seemed to resolve itself and get online after a while so I didn't pay much attention to it.

This past week, my wifi connection was constantly going offline, while the wired connection stayed active. So all my wireless devices would suddenly go offline. The only fix was to reboot the router. I did this several times and wasn't sure what was going on.

After some suggestions on the Orbi forum, I disabled Circle; since then my WiFi has been stable.

I am on firmware v2.5.1.8, since that was supposedly the last version that supported Disney Circle (I read in another thread). Is there another firmware version that supports Circle better? 

I am currently running with Circle disable but would like to re-enable it to filter and manage my kids' internet devices.

Thanks

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Circle on Orbi causes problems

Hi lawnmowerman, 

Are all wireless devices connected to the Orbi losing internet connection? You may try performing a factory reset on the Orbi and going through the setup assistant again.

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 2 of 6
lawnmowerman
Guide

Yes, all wireless devices were losing connection. I've disabled Circle and things seem to be stable since then. I would still like to find a solution to get Circle working without creating problems.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi lawnmowerman, 

Thanks for confirming. I'd like for our support team to reach out to you for further investigation. If you're interested, please send me a private message with your contact info and serial number. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 4 of 6
enewbauer
Guide

I believe I am having the same issue; started around March 10; I posted my issues here. When I followed the recommendations that others' suggested, things worked fine for a week, until this morning, and the only change I made yesterday was re-enabling Circle. 

Message 5 of 6
lawnmowerman
Guide

@enewbauer wrote:

I believe I am having the same issue; started around March 10; I posted my issues here. When I followed the recommendations that others' suggested, things worked fine for a week, until this morning, and the only change I made yesterday was re-enabling Circle. 

I got a call from Netgear support and the best I could figure based on the Q&A with them is that the router auto-updated the firmware to the latest version which caused problems with Circle and the resulting WiFi problems.

The solution seems to be downgrade to a previous version (v2.1.2.18) that supports Circle, but there is no way to disable the auto-update for the firmware, so we'll be back in this same situation after a while.

Netgear needs to fix the firmware and Circle compatibility.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7