Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Circle - "something went wrong" (RBR40)

DBVicAU
Tutor

Circle - "something went wrong" (RBR40)

Hi

It would appear that since 2.6.2.140 firmware update on my RBR40, Circle has stopped working.

I can disable it on the router and enable it via the app - it then shows as enabled on the router, but the app simply then says "something went wrong" and I am not able to past that error. 

Based on another post here, I've manually applied the same firmware but the issue persists.  

Being outside of 90 days and having no direct support from the manufacturer will mean I will never buy NetGear again.  My kids have been potentially explosed to content due to this issue, it has some potentially very serious consequencies. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
DB

Message 1 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Circle - "something went wrong" (RBR40)

Hello DBVicAU,

May you revert back to the previous firmware version and let me know if your issue persists. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000062434/RBR40-Firmware-Version-2-6-1-36

Christian 

Message 2 of 5
DBVicAU
Tutor

Thanks Christian

I did try the older firmware, no luck.  

Netgear has also called me and spent ~2 hours trying to resolve the issue without any luck.  It may be their firmware has not been working corectly with some models of router for a while.  They're going to come back to me with a potentially beta / early release of firmware to test.

Thanks again
DB

Message 3 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi DB, 

Thanks for the update! Has our support team been able to follow up with you? 

Regards,

Christian 

Message 4 of 5
DBVicAU
Tutor

Hi Christian

Thanks for the follow up. 

I was sent a beta firmware, but it appears to be for the wrong build of software so I've questioned this and am awaiting a response.\

I will update here once I have it and have been able to test it. 

Thanks
Darren

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7