Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Circle "unmanaged" filter no longer working properly

Spitz4478
Follower

Circle "unmanaged" filter no longer working properly

I've been using Circle for roughly a year now. Recently (I'd guess the past two weeks or so), I've been having two issues with the unmanaged filters.

1. I have windows.com set to unmanaged in my kid's profiles, yet it is still counting against their time allotment. And the odd part is, circle isn't stopping the traffic despite this. The kids will be off at school and I get a notification that they've reached their 2h time limit. I look in the Circle app and all the time usage is attributed to windows.com (despite it being unamanged). By the time they get home, it will show their usage several hours higher than when the time limit was reached. I will then add additional time so they can play. But even if they play for 30 minutes or whatever, windows.com will keep accruing additional time. It's making it very difficult to actually restrict their time, because it's not easy to tell if they've truly reached the set limit or it's more erroneous windows.com usage.

2. I have a handful of sites for their school set to unmanaged (school's wesbite, launchapd, xtramath, i-ready, etc). These seem to be working properly from the perspective that traffic on these sites don't count against their time limits. But once their time limit is reached, these sites behave kind of like they are being blocked by Circle. The kids don't get redirected to the "You've reached your time limit" page as with other sites. Instead, they just time out and never load.

Has anyone had experience with either of these issues and know if there's a way to correct them?

Thank you!

For reference:

Router FW V1.3.1.44_10.1.23

Circle Agent Version 2.0.8.9

Circle App Database: 1.3.1

Model: R7000P | AC2300 Nighthawk Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 1 of 2
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Circle "unmanaged" filter no longer working properly

Hi @Spitz4478,

Welcome to the community!

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7