Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Circle reset issue

Ruperto
Aspirant

Circle reset issue

I’ve reset my orBi router and now circle will not let me in, even using the, I’m the only admin option. The SMS code is not accepted.

Please help?
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions

I was having the same issue. I was able to retrieve the passcode by contacting one of the NETGEAR admins online, but the app still wouldn't let me in (said it couldn't confirm my code) until I was connected to WiFi via the router, not the satellites (accidentally discovered this when I was looking at the physical router for any extra code or information and gave it one last try - really can't think of any other reason it would have worked that one time vs the 20+ other times I tried when I was in a different room from the main router).

As for the sending the code to my phone, it turns out I had used my home phone number for my account, so that accounted for why it wasn't able to send the backup code to my phone, so probably important to remember to use a mobile number for setup in the future.

Don't know if that will help your situation, but that's what ended up working for me.

Best of luck!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies

I was having the same issue. I was able to retrieve the passcode by contacting one of the NETGEAR admins online, but the app still wouldn't let me in (said it couldn't confirm my code) until I was connected to WiFi via the router, not the satellites (accidentally discovered this when I was looking at the physical router for any extra code or information and gave it one last try - really can't think of any other reason it would have worked that one time vs the 20+ other times I tried when I was in a different room from the main router).

As for the sending the code to my phone, it turns out I had used my home phone number for my account, so that accounted for why it wasn't able to send the backup code to my phone, so probably important to remember to use a mobile number for setup in the future.

Don't know if that will help your situation, but that's what ended up working for me.

Best of luck!

Message 2 of 3
Ruperto
Aspirant

Hi Brian,

Q: when Is a mesh network, not a mesh network?

A: when its using the manufacturer's own apps!

Unbelievable that this is the correct answer. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. I also now realise why the pin was wrong because i never set the pin! interesting feature!

To everyone else, sit next to the router and verify you are connected to the base station in the orbi app. This worked first time for me.
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7