Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Circle seems to be randomly killing Internet ingress/egress from my Orbi starting this week

Re: Circle seems to be randomly killing Internet ingress/egress from my Orbi starting this week

I had upgraded to the latest (2.5.1.16) firmware 2 weeks ago.  With Circle disabled connectivity was better than before the upgrade, singals to satellite Orbis appeared better as well.  No problems.  I then turned Circle back on 6 days ago.  It was fine, no outages that were noticable.  That is until today when it hard-cut all devies from DNS resolution again.  My wife was in the middle of giving a presentation to 100+ attendees and dropped for nearly 10 minutes before I was able to disable Circle again. @Christian_R I am warning people not to purchase Netgear products due to this issue - and certainly not to purchase a Circle membership.  It is obsurd that Netgear does not see this as an issue in need of addressing. I have also contacted Disney letting them know of the damage to their brand being caused by this.

Message 51 of 83

Why would you contact Disney? They are no longer associated with Circle. 

Message 52 of 83
PSUHammer
Luminary

I also upgraded to the .16 firmware and have had much better stability.  Circle will run for a few days.  But, about once every few days I lose network and have to release/renew public IP.

Better, but not fully resolved.

Message 53 of 83

I didnt know that Disney wasnt afiliated with them anymore... Either way, I had contacted Circle customer service, not Disney.  I actually got a response from them, unlike from Netgear.  They indicate thse issues would typically handled by Netgear, but since we're getting the runaround they will push the complaint up the chain.

Message 54 of 83
Pokemon888
Guide

Model: RBR 50 + RBS 50 with Circle enable

I have called technical support and advise me to try 

Channel 11 for 2.4 GHz

the highest ( 48 ) for 5GHz

This is  Circle enable with Orbi Firmware V2.5.1.16

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 55 of 83
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I have finally received a call from the NG support team, but they are asking for a debug log that risking my Internet connection to be disconnected at any time which I couldn't afford to proceed, mainly my family members are now working from home and Internet connection stability is crucial.

Any kind soul would like to volunteer your Orbi system for the debug log recording, please kindly +1 here so that I could share with the NG support team to get in touch with our fellow community members here for the debug log.

Please take note that they will want you to take note of the downtime so that they could try to figure out what went wrong.

I have my Circle Parental Feature turned off all the time and Internet connection has been stable ever since.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 56 of 83
Pokemon888
Guide

I have already uploaded the debug log to NG support team.

Hope they can find out something there.

Message 57 of 83
PSUHammer
Luminary

I wonder what the channel settings could have to do with this situation?  Seems like an odd suggestion for the symptoms.  

Message 58 of 83
Pokemon888
Guide

Anyway, channel does not fix the problem.  

When Circle enable....internet loses connection.

Hopefully they can fix up the problem ....otherwise purchase Circle is a waste of money.

Message 59 of 83

This seems like a rather odd and creepy request. It is not at all difficult to log in to your router without disrupting service, copy the log and paste it into

@Retired_Member wrote:

I have finally received a call from the NG support team, but they are asking for a debug log that risking my Internet connection to be disconnected at any time which I couldn't afford to proceed, mainly my family members are now working from home and Internet connection stability is crucial.

Any kind soul would like to volunteer your Orbi system for the debug log recording, please kindly +1 here so that I could share with the NG support team to get in touch with our fellow community members here for the debug log.

Please take note that they will want you to take note of the downtime so that they could try to figure out what went wrong.

I have my Circle Parental Feature turned off all the time and Internet connection has been stable ever since.

a reply to Netgear. 

Message 60 of 83
Pokemon888
Guide

To get your router log file without disrupting your network ..
use Your browser to logon to your router
orbilogin.com/debug.htm

Message 61 of 83
Pokemon888
Guide

Sorry
Debug log command
http://orbilogin.net/debug.htm
Message 62 of 83
Pokemon888
Guide

An updated of sympton of the problem

Circle enabled, internet go offline intermittently RBR50

Symptom :

When Circle enable, devices went offline. I have checked devices, wifi icon is on but unable to connect to the internet.

ie. Checked computer, wifi icon still on and connected to correct SSID.  IOS devices appearred to be connect to the router but unable to use the internet.

After about 12 to 15mins internet back online again. This happened throughout the day.  For now I have disabled Circle and internet working fine without any disruption. 

The point is I want to use Circle

Hardware :

RBR50

FW : V2.5.1.16

Message 63 of 83
Sunny-E
Tutor

Circle and Netgear Team -
Any update on this? So many folks are stuck at home currently, with kids on screen for school work or media. Please prioritize fixing this issue.
Costco has removed this unit from their shelves now. Recent buyers (parents) have started to return it already!

For other parents on this thread:
An interim solution to prevent inappropriate content from making it to your kids screen, use Cisco’s OpenDNS Family Shield DNS (or there are other options too like from CloudFlare) It’s faster and safer (prevents spam / malicious websites) as compared to the DNS provided by your internet provider.
Message 64 of 83
Little7
Aspirant

Same problem here... I pay and want to use the Circle on my Orbi but randomly through the day it cuts the Internet... 

RBK40 with latest available FW

Message 65 of 83
Sunny-E
Tutor

Hi,

Any update on fixing this DNS issue when Circle is enabled?
Message 66 of 83
Sunny-E
Tutor

— sorry for duplication of same message twice, can’t delete the dup though —

Any update on fixing this DNS issue when Circle is enabled?
Message 67 of 83
Pokemon888
Guide

Too much mucking around with this router. Return back where I bought it . This issue may be known by Netgear which they do not want to look in to.
New generation products with WiFi 6 ( ie . New Orbi ) plus etc .. all of them without Circle and Amor add-on.
Those add-ons cause issue to some Netgear router.
Message 68 of 83
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi guys, I've updated my Orbi to the latest firmware 2.5.1.32 and turned on Parental Control, it seems this version fixes the issue, but need to monitor the performance for a longer time. Hope that this version is a stable version with the Parental Control enabled.
Message 69 of 83

Where are you getting firmware 2.5.1.32? I try an update and it only goes to 2.5.1.16

Message 70 of 83
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Message 71 of 83

Thanks, I had actually gone to the Netgear Orbi site and saw the downloads for the .32 version. Waited until my fam was asleep last evening and performed the manual install. Have not activated the Circle app yet as my wife and I can't afford the downtime working from home, as we're both constantly in video conference meetings. Please keep monitoring and report periodically on the success or failure, and if this has any negative effect on latency and general bandwidth issues. Your feedback should be helpful to everyone experiencing this issue.

Message 72 of 83

I looks like the new firmware is only available for the 50 series, not the RBR40/RBK40.  I doubt it has anything in it related to the Circle integration, unless Netgear wanted to fix the issue without acknowleding it existed in the first place.  Looking at the details on the last few updates, they seem to be more intereseted in pushing their 0Armor product (does anyone actually use that, much less pay for it?).

Message 73 of 83

Activated Circle last evening on my RBR50 and RBS50 satellite after updating the firmware to the .32 version. So far, so good. No issues that I've yet to see. 

Message 74 of 83

Six days later since installation .32 firmware and happy to report there have been zero hiccups. Seems to be stable and is not exhibiting ANY issues. 

Message 75 of 83
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7