Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Circle seems to have broken my network

Jets1969
Aspirant

Circle seems to have broken my network

I have been trying to use Circle to manage screen time for my kids on my Orbi RBR40.  When I turn it on all the unmanaged devices are effected as well.  The directions say unmanaged devices should work normally but my wifi drops in an out and I can't access basic websites like Bing or Google.  This happens to both my Samsung S8 cell phone and my wife's iPhone.  Any idea how I can fix this because without a fix to the unmamanged devices losing web access Circle is useless?

Message 1 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Jets1969,

Welcome to the community!

1. What is the firmware version of the Orbi?

2. Do any of the issues (WiFi dropping and inaccessible sites) occur when you have Circled disabled?

3. Do any of the filtering/time limits work on your kid's devices?

4. Any steps you've tried so far? (reset, power cycle, etc)

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 4
Jets1969
Aspirant

Firmware is v2.2.1.210

No other issues when Cricle is turned off, I'm able to access all the sites with no issues and have no wifi issues.  The issue only occurs when I turn Circle on.

Filters set for the kids only, so for example my youngest has the Pre K filter set under his profile. For my devices and my wife's, we are not linked to that profile and our devices are marked unmanaged.

I've turned Circle on and off a few times, same results and power cycled the router a few times, same results.  I haven't reset the router.

Message 3 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Jets1969,

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Dexter
Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7