Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Circle support for R9000 X10

jyw76
Follower

Circle support for R9000 X10

I am wondering if and when Circle will be enabled on the R9000 X10 router.

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 11
Amplifier
Initiate

Re: Circle support for R9000 X10

Me too
Message 2 of 11
Stevewayment
Tutor

Me three. Cheaper routers get Circle and DumaOS, but nothing for X10? What exactly did I pay for here?
Message 3 of 11
Amplifier
Initiate

Exactly!
Message 4 of 11
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi all,

Support does not have visibility of future feature updates. However, this is something that you can post under the Idea Exchange board linked below.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-For-Home/idb-p/idea-exchange-for-home

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 5 of 11
youareceo
Aspirant

Parental Controls links to the Disney Circle NetGear site from inside the R9000. But it is not listed as compatible. GREAT JOB, NETGEAR!

Message 6 of 11
JackWagon
Aspirant

Yep.  Big fail for me.  I'm returning it.  There should not be a link to Circle on the R9000 page if it's not supported by the R9000.

Message 7 of 11
OMXP
Aspirant

Any update on this issue? 

Why don’t we get an answer it is just yes or no.. then we can buy another router that support disney circle!

Message 8 of 11
zeeshany
Aspirant

Hello, 

has there been no update still ? its also confusing when http://www.netgear.ae/landings/ad7200/ shows smart parental control from Disney.

please can someone from Netgear for god sake provide a clear answer.

Thanks.

Message 9 of 11
schumaku
Guru

@zeeshany wrote:

its also confusing when http://www.netgear.ae/landings/ad7200/ shows smart parental control from Disney.

Agree. As per the generic Parental Controls page and the referred What NETGEAR routers support Circle with Disney? the R9000 and R8900 are not listed.

@zeeshany wrote:
 please can someone from Netgear for god sake provide a clear answer.

The R9000 landing pages (also the .com for example) looks like somebody from marketing or Web publishing has carelessly copied some Nighthawk App features not applicable to the R9000 (and R8900).

Operating a newer firmware than the official released one for debug reasons - still no Circle with Disney in sight. But this can be wrong.

@ChristineT @Altsai @Christian_R and team - please investigate and make the marketing gang publish only features readily available, or available within a defined and published time frame.

Message 10 of 11
SweeetT53
Initiate

I can't believe I spent this much money on this router and it doesn't support Disney Circle! Netgear please provide the firmware that will allow me to use my Disney Circle!

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7