Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Circle with Disney (Premium) not blocking Child's VPN

OrbiTimara
Follower

Circle with Disney (Premium) not blocking Child's VPN

I just set up my Orbi and paid for the Premium subscription to Circle With Disney. I set my child's profile and DISALLOWED VPN/PROXY access. 

My son had an iPad with NordVPN installed and turned it on. Accessed the internet and Youtube through the VPN without any dramas. I noticed that the history on the Circle showed that he accessed IP address 139.28.216.xxx many times during that time and the following hour. I suspect this may be the IP that the VPN is connecting through.

I've reported the breach to brightcloud.com, as Circle doesn't deal with the actual websites etc that are blocked in it's product.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to stop all future outgoing VPN access for my child? I'd prefer to do it through the Orbi/Circle if possible.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Circle with Disney (Premium) not blocking Child's VPN

Hi @OrbiTimara, welcome to the community! The steps that you've taken is what Circle suggested and you may have ran into some limitation on what they can cover. Upon checking, it looks like the IP appears to not have been categorized yet. If it's an option, you can check with Brightcloud support and see if this is something they can address.

Dexter

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7