Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Configuration question for Circle

SchaeferM
Aspirant

Configuration question for Circle

Now that the school age children are learning from home, I'm looking to understand how to configure Circle to meet our needs  (We have the RBR20 base unit with two satellites).  The kids have their own phones and desktops/laptops.  I want them locked down, highly filtered, from 8 to 3, but they can be open after that.  I have created a School Only profile with 'only allowed' websites they can visit where their devices reside from 8 - 3, but then we need to manually go into Circle every morning and afternoon to add or remove their devices from this profile.  Off time does not seem to apply as it turns everything off.  Bedtime seems to work the same as off time.  And Time Limits doesn't cover it either.  In essence, I'm looking to apply profile restrictions only during certain hours, without turning off access outside of that range.  Kind of like 'Only apply this profile to these devices between these hours'.  It is not how Circle is designed per se, but since schooling from home has started, we need a more effective way of securing their devices during school hours (ie not playing Minecraft in between classes).

Let me know if you have run into this or have an alternative way of configuring circle to handle this.  Perhaps can a device live in a profile for a few hours, then resorts back to a 'Non-School' profile

Thanks,

Mike

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Configuration question for Circle

Hi SchaeferM,

Circle currently does not support this feature. However, this is a great suggestion to be submitted on our Idea Exchange Boards for new ideas to possibly be implemented in the future. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-For-Home/idb-p/idea-exchange-for-home

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7