Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: DNS not working on Orbi since last week - Parental controls are off for over a week now

WGUser
Aspirant

DNS not working on Orbi since last week - Parental controls are off for over a week now

Something happened last week all of a sudden. The DHCP based DNS from Xfinity stopped working with Orbi RBR20. I am also using Netger Cable Modem - Docsis 3.1. 

I searched and found the article that Circle Parental control is interfering with the DNS. Once I disabled Parental Control (Circle) from the admin screen everything came back. Since then I have tried to reset the parental control but everytime when it is tuned on my network loses DNS and I cannot translated the names to IP address. 

I have also Telnet into the Orbi and issued "/etc/init.d/dnsmasq restart", but so far DNS issue is persistent with Circle and Parental Control on Orbi RBR20. If it does not resolve then I might have to go and get a google wifi and say good bye to Orbi. That will be such a shame.

Appreciate if someone can assist in solving this issue and get the parental control back with full DNS.

Message 1 of 3
WGUser
Aspirant

Re: DNS not working on Orbi since last week - Parental controls are off for over a week now

Solved it by first downgrading the FW to 2.6.1.36 and rebooting the router and then upgrading to the latest. Seems like it is holding so far. Will update if it goes the other way again.

Message 2 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello WGUser,

Thanks for providing an update to your post! Please feel free to provide further updates!

Christian 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7