Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Disney Circle blocking certain sites

EPCG
Follower

Disney Circle blocking certain sites

I see many are having issues with Circle now. It was working great for the past year, up to about 3 weeks ago. Certain sites/services are blocked unless the filtering is turned completely off. I can set the filter to teen/adult with nothing selected and it's blocking certain sites.

I've added the sites to the custom filter and it's the same result. I'm not resetting my router, it's too much trouble with the 30+ devices on my network and LAN settings setup so the devices have a static internal IP.

Model - R8000P

Firmware - V1.4.1.64_1.3.25

I noticed the Circle info in my router settings as:

Circle Parental Control Info

Agent Version: 2.1.8.9
App Database Version: 1.3.1

I don't know if Netgear needs to up the database version or what. I have 3 kids and I need filtering on to keep them off of sites they shouldn't be visiting or keeping them focused on what they're suppose to be doing. Has anyone figured out a solution that I may have missed. I've been searching for an answer for 2 hours.

I've rebooted the router several times. I've tried new profiles and moved the devices. I've tried devices that were never filtered and no matter what I'm getting the same result. It's blocking Netflix on the kid's TV though Netflix is not set to be filtered. Any filter that I turn on causes these issues.

Another example is my one son uses Discord when he gets his game time. I have to turn the filter completely off for him to use it. If the filter is on, the app won't connect. You can visit the Discord website, but it won't connect to a server. In short, this is ridiculous to even have to spend this much time to "fix" something that shouldn't be broken in the first place.

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Disney Circle blocking certain sites

Hello,

I would recommend using the following link to open a support case regarding Circle: https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx. To open a support case, please follow the steps below.

1. Select "Get help on my NETGEAR product"

2. Select your country

3. Select "I have a NETGEAR product without a serial number"

4. In the dropdown menu, please select "Circle" as the product

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements