Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Disney Circle on R8000P?

Disney Circle on R8000P?

I would like to know when the R8000P (AC4000 Nighthawk X6S) will get Disney Circle parental controls (or if it will).  On the netgear website it shows it has it already but the latest firmware (1.2.1.6) does not include it, nor does the Circle App recognize the router after flashing this firmware and rebooting the router.  Here is the page that shows Circle on this router: http://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/wifi-routers/R8000P.aspx

(at least as of this posting December 14, 2018).

I'll be sending it back if this isn't available within a week or two since its the only reason I bought this router.

Message 1 of 13

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Walkabout2017,

The R8000P will have Circle support in future updates but no ETA is available.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 13

All Replies

Correction December 14, 2017, guess I'm looking forward to next year already! 🙂

@Walkabout2017 wrote:

I would like to know when the R8000P (AC4000 Nighthawk X6S) will get Disney Circle parental controls (or if it will).  On the netgear website it shows it has it already but the latest firmware (1.2.1.6) does not include it, nor does the Circle App recognize the router after flashing this firmware and rebooting the router.  Here is the page that shows Circle on this router: http://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/wifi-routers/R8000P.aspx

(at least as of this posting December 14, 2018).

I'll be sending it back if this isn't available within a week or two since its the only reason I bought this router.

Message 2 of 13
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Walkabout2017,

The R8000P will have Circle support in future updates but no ETA is available.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 3 of 13
Glue42
Aspirant

Any further word on Circle with Disney support for the R8000P/X6S?  i bought the router and the Circle "assuming" they would just work together.  unless support is provided, i need to send one or both back asap.

Any timing updates would be appreciated.

BTW: having Circle 'built-in' would be an even better solution!

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S—AC4000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 4 of 13
EnglishOnly
Tutor

FYI, I have it on my Orbi device and it caused frequent internet outages.  I've had to disable it.

Message 5 of 13
AlfaCharlie
Tutor

I find it disappointing that the Community managers have marked this question as answered when no solution has been provided.

When will the issue between R8000P and MeetCircle be resolved? Will support for MeetCircle be integrated into the device or will we continue to need to have two devices?

This is supposed to be one of the most advanced routers you have for the home user. Surprising that you cannot make this work.

Regards,

Alfredo

Message 6 of 13
TerryPh
Virtuoso

I am not so sure it is the best at present time to intergrate Circle into this model. Since the integration to other models, ie R8000 

has contributed/created problem with router stability and functionality. The optimal solution is not on the horizon yet.

And I do hope that Netgear is still working on it.

Best

Message 7 of 13
ron1cne
Aspirant

The R8000 supports Circle but the newly released and more expensive R8000P does not?

Message 8 of 13
TerryPh
Virtuoso

@ron1cbe.
You will buy yourself big problem if they integrate Circle in the router. Trust me, for the time being, you don't want to have it integrated in firmware for R8000P, until Netgear completely debug it. That is probably not in the near future...
Best
Message 9 of 13

Correct.  it was initially listed on the Netgear website as supporting it but as of the writing of my post it did not support it.  I have since returned that router, as this was the only reason for purchasing it.   I've since bought the Orbi RBK50 (from Costco) which does have it and it works very well, albiet that system is a LOT more expensive.  Interestingly I saw the slightly slower and less expensive Orbi RBk33 (on Amazon) which also said it had circle integration...guess what... NOT.  Even the circle app siad the router supported (along with a sticker on the package from Netgear) but then proceeded to try and upgrade the firmware only to fail each and every time.  It already had the latest firmware and didn't support it either.  

If I was a lawayer I might look into starting a lawsuit againt Netgear for their blatently false marketing claims.  If it isn't pure deception then it is compete ineptitude in their Marketing department promoting features that don't exist or yet exist.

Message 10 of 13

Thanks for the input. 

I've since returned this router and picked up the mesh network Orbi system (RBK50) and Circle works flawlessly on this setup (albiet a lot more expensive and overkill for my smaller home, but I've got lots of connected devices).  Have to be careful though or buy Netgear routers where they have a good return policy though as a cheaper model that was advertized (on the box and on the website) to have circle did not either.  Netgear Marketing is good at selling ghost ware apparently... 🙂  

Message 11 of 13

@AlfaCharlie wrote:

I find it disappointing that the Community managers have marked this question as answered when no solution has been provided.

The original question from @Walkabout2017 was:

I would like to know when the R8000P (AC4000 Nighthawk X6S) will get Disney Circle parental controls (or if it will).

You may not like the answer – "sometime" and "yes" – but it seems to warrant a Solved response. That flag is there for the benefit of people who come along and search the forum for the same question.

If you have a different question you might do better to start your own discussion and not to hitch a ride on one from someone else.

Message 12 of 13
CosmoKramer
Aspirant

I have the R7000P (which again isn't in the drop-down) and I am unable to get Circle to work properly with my router.  I created a discussion about it here but nobody has answered.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Home-Networking-Apps/Netgear-R7000-and-Circle-Timekeeping-and-Web-T...

If you really want circle to work, I strongly recommend getting the hardware version of Circle.  And the installed version on your router is NOT supported by Circle.  I was hoping to get help here first on my issue because I didn't feel like waiting 90 minutes with Netgear customer support. 

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7