Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Disney circle keeps disconnecting on R7000

Disney circle keeps disconnecting on R7000

Good morning,

A few months ago Netgear included a new feature in the R7000, namely Disney Circle. Out of curiosity I enabled it, and despite some flaws in design, I find it very practical.

Unfortunately it has a major issue: it keeps getting disconnected randomly over time.

Symptoms are that Internet is still working, router is still operational, but Circle app on my phone states that Circle lost it's connection to the Internet, and the app cannot reconnect to Circle service (even still on the same network).

So far only I have found to restore connection is to restart the router (which is really not practical).

I should note that for some technical reason, I'm on a double NAT setup (as my ISP modem does not allow for bridge mode, so I forward all ports to the R7000).

I am on firmware V1.0.9.26_10.2.31

It would seem, but this is not quite a foolproof observation, that frequency of the issue is higher with this firmware than with previous firmware.

Help would be welcome

Thanks and regards

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9
smstevens777
Initiate

Same issue...same equipment.   Any solution yet?

Model: R7000P | AC2300 Nighthawk Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 2 of 9
martynz
Star

Same here. Annoying
Message 3 of 9
Johnny6575
Aspirant

R7000 Disney circle keeps being disabled.

I have to reenable it daily. Always loses internet connection.

Is there a fix for this?
Message 4 of 9
bytheriver
Initiate

Same thing here. It's too bad because when it works, it works well. But having to reset everything more and more frequently is making look for other routers and parental controls.

Message 5 of 9
Bluestuff
Aspirant

AC1900 same thing here, after any reboot it's disabled. Quite annoying and a showstopper when not at home, as no way to remote enable...
Message 6 of 9
sammer4u
Aspirant

I have the same issue.  Worked well for 2 weeks and now it continues to lose connection.  Very VERY annoying and disturbing!

Any help and assistance is welcome!

Message 7 of 9
martynz
Star

Message 8 of 9
Mulletriver
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem. My setup is also double Nat'd, as the setup instructions suggest. I've got the router plugged into my cable modem (Telstra). 

Model: R7000P | AC2300 Nighthawk Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7