Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Disney circle

Cedric_in_NL
Aspirant

Disney circle

Hi. I have bought the R7000 because of the parental control feature. I activated and installed the Disney Circle app, which worked ok for a while. Now when I just activate it on the router, it blocks one of my computer even though I never "pause" it. does anyone have a solution ? the computer is protected by Kaspersky SW. Can it be the root cause ? Thanks in advance.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 9
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Cedric_in_NL, welcome to the community! Is that computer assigned to a profile or is it set to unmanaged?

Dexter 

Message 2 of 9
Cedric_in_NL
Aspirant

HI Dexter. thanks for replying.

The device was assigned to a profile without any control nor filter used by an adult.

I had created 6 profiles on top of "Home": 4 with teenager filter, 2  without any filter and the home profile has also no filter

I only used Circle to "pause" "teenagers" account.

Message 3 of 9
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Cedric_in_NL, does the issue persist when setting the computer in question to unmanaged? Also, can you try moving the device to the other profile with no filter? Keep us posted on the results.

Dexter

Message 4 of 9
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Cedric_in_NL, were you able to get this sorted out?

Dexter

Message 5 of 9
Cedric_in_NL
Aspirant

Hi Dexter. I was away for a few days and had to switch off Circle so that the PC could connect to my network properly. will check over the week end and make some tests, but in the past I had disconnected and reconected the device when it appeared again on the network, and it did not help. I will also share the exact error messages. Cedric

Message 6 of 9
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Thanks for responding Cedric, please keep us posted.

Dexter

Message 7 of 9
Cedric_in_NL
Aspirant

Looks that the problem does not really exist. What is weird is that I had first identified the PC with a certain MAC address starting with 00:24. Then I detected an unknown device with MAC address starting with 4e:e2. I treated this device as suspect and paused it (my kids easily share my router password with visiting friends, so I am careful). Now I realize that the PC has the 4e:e2 address and no more sign of 00:24.

As MAC addresses are not supposed to change, my only guess is that I made a mistake when I first identified the PC address and mixed with another device; but which one ???... I will carefully monitor the 00:24 address to see if it connects again....

not sure if all this is clear. In any case thanks for the reaction.

Message 8 of 9
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Thanks for the update. Please don;t hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

Dexter

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7