Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Disney+ not working with Orbi Router

utagol4
Tutor

Disney+ not working with Orbi Router

As of about 3 weeks ago, all of my devices on my home network have been unable to access Disney+. Over my cell connection things work fine. For a while I let it slide because I know their service is crap. But now after 4 calls to their helpdesk, calls to my ISP, and everything else, I have realized that the problem is my orbi router. When I hardwire a device straight into my fiber modem, Disney+ works fine. Through the orbi router (wired or wireless) I get an Error code 90. 

All other streaming services (that I've tried so far) work just fine including Sling, Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc. Only Disney+ is not working. This is affecting all devices including my Roku, FireTV, AppleTV, Android, and iOS devices. The only difference is with a browser I don't get any error codes, I just get a spinning loadin circle that never ceases. 

Trying to load the login page, with developer tools on Chrome, under Network, I see a broken token with the error:

1. Request URL:
    2. Referrer Policy:
      no-referrer-when-downgrade
  1. Request Headers
    1. Provisional headers are shown
    2. accept:
      application/json
    3. authorization:
      Bearer ZGlzbmV5JmJyb3dzZXImMS4wLjA.Cu56AgSfBTDag5NiRA81oLHkDZfu5L3CKadnefEAY84
    4. content-type:
      application/x-www-form-urlencoded
      Referer:
    6. Sec-Fetch-Dest:
      empty
    7. User-Agent:
      Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/80.0.3987.163 Safari/537.36
    8. x-bamsdk-client-id:
      disney-svod-3d9324fc
    9. x-bamsdk-platform:
      windows
    10. x-bamsdk-version:

I have tried power-cycling the router (About 6 times). I've tried changing my DNS. I finally tried resetting to factory settings.

No luck.

Anyone have any thoughts?

EDIT:

Additional info:
The service has been working just fine up until about 3 weeks ago. Nothing changed on my end. Also I have no fancy routing, VPNs, port forwarding, domain blockers, parental restrictions, etc etc. As I mentioned I have tried a couple of DNS services, including (currently) Google's. 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post about this in the Circle app forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Circle-Smart-Parental-Controls/bd-p/en-home-circle

Users have been seeing problems with the Circle services. Work arounds have been to disable Circle and not use it and wait for NG to fix this issue. 

Good Luck. 

Message 2 of 8
utagol4
Tutor

Unfortunately, this isn't a Circle issue. I don't have circle. I don't have any firewall, vpn, parental controls, port blocking, site blocking, etc etc etc software running at all on this network. I have possibly narrowed it down to something internal that the Orbi router is blocking. Looking at the network data on developer tools I see:

403 ERROR The request could not be satisfied.

Request blocked. We can't connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.
If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by reviewing the CloudFront documentation.

Message 3 of 8
Ngattau
Aspirant

Hi,
I have exactly the same issue, no VPN or other security setup on the orbi router.

Any help!
Message 4 of 8
utagol4
Tutor

I've been working with Netgear support for a couple of week now. . Well, working with is probably a huge overstatement. Every 3 or 4 days someone will respond to my ticket with some other suggestion (usually one that I have tried). The latest suggestion was that I downgrade my firmware from V2.5.1.16 to V2.5.1.8 (this is after they had me upgrade to the .16 version on a previous phone call).

Still nothing. Looking for a way to return the product. It is still under manufacturer's warranty, but I'm not sure if that includes returns. I'm fed up with this piece of garbage. Does anyone have any experience with returning things to Netgear? What's the procedure?

Really, I don't think I could be more disappointed at this point. Definitely not worth the money I paid for this.

Message 5 of 8
utagol4
Tutor

Still no update from Netgear since my last post. I'm going to start posting on all my social media accounts, and anywhere else I can post reviews of this thing and tell everyone to keep their money becuase it doesn't work, and support is a joke.

Message 6 of 8
Bdubs222
Aspirant

I’m having the same issue. I have to connect directly to the modem. I’ll be returning the system.
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 7 of 8
TeamStroud
Initiate

Just contacted support through Netgear app chat window. Waited about 1-2 minutes and they were able to modify router settings to enable Disney+. Now working on all devices. I did noticed Disney circle is turned off in my router settings now.
Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7