Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Does the newer Orbi wi-fi 6 router have parental controls yet (eg. Disney Circle)?

benstat
Tutor

Does the newer Orbi wi-fi 6 router have parental controls yet (eg. Disney Circle)?

Hi,

I bought one of the newer wi-fi 6 Orbi systems (RBK852) a few months back but had to return it when I found out that it didn't have parental controls (eg. Disney Circle). 

Can anyone tell me if they've introduced it yet, or announced when it will be coming? I've seen lots of conflicting information, so thought I'd just ask here for a definitive answer.
I'm guessing not. It seemed to be a bit of a public beta when I last tried it (very buggy, lacking basic features). The new Orbi's aren't even listed in the model dropdown on this forum yet (I chose RBK53 which was the closest, lol)! Not sure Netgear's heart is really in it, but I keep holding out hope since my old Orbi has been reliable, if a bit buggy/quirky, and I haven't found a better alternative so far.
Thanks in advance,

Ben

ps. I'm considering upgrading to the new Orbi again because I need a new satellite ASAP, but they don't seem to be available for the old Orbis anymore. I'd rather just buy an RBS50 than spend $$$ on a completely new Orbi system without parental controls, but it seems my hands are tied. Having been a long term Netgear fanboy, I'm seriously losing faith these days.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 6
benstat
Tutor

Re: Does the newer Orbi wi-fi 6 router have parental controls yet (eg. Disney Circle)?

I'll take that silence as a resounding 'no' then, lol!

Time to give one of the many alternative manufacturers a try, I think.

Message 2 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi benstat, 

We are currently working on expanding our list of products to support Parental Control features. Please stay tuned for further updates!

Christian 

Message 3 of 6
pugximo
Guide

It's been over a year w/out Circle on Wifi 6 -- Can anyone respond with a roadmap?

Model: AC1450|802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit Smart WiFi router
Message 4 of 6
benstat
Tutor

Don't hold your breath. "Coming soon" is about all you'll get from them, but it's been "coming soon" for so long that it no longer has any meaning.
Message 5 of 6

WHEN, WHEN, WHEN.  you've been saying 'coming soon' for over a year.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7