Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Keep getting HSTS connection error on my child's school Chromebook

bassically
Initiate

Keep getting HSTS connection error on my child's school Chromebook

We were setting up the Chromebook for school on the 9 y/o's device. She has filtered/restricted settings in her circle. We were trying to set up Google Meet and kept getting the same error each time.

HSTS error

"Your connection is not private," "NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID,"

I removed the device from her circle and put it into an unfiltered group and it works fine now. Anyone have any ideas how I can move it back to her appropriate circle so I can ensure she has the appropriate filters and restrictions on this device? It looks like the kid specific filters prevent it from working, but this is how they're doing all their schoolwork this year so I need to find a happy medium.

All help text says to just accept the certificate or manually bypass, but the kid friendly features of Circle seem to prevent those items from even appearing, so I can't find any good way to resolve this. 

i searched the forum and the only issue I found that was similar were people that experienced this issue and simply moved it to an un-restricted circle... probably because they're not 9 y/o's with poor impulse control.

Thanks so much,

Chris

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Keep getting HSTS connection error on my child's school Chromebook

Hi Chris, 

May you provide the following info for us to check further. 

Router Model:

Firmware Version: 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 2 of 7
bassically
Initiate

Sure thing.

Model: RBR40

Firmware v 2.5.1.16
Message 3 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello,

Thanks for confirming. I'd like for our support team to reach out to you for further assistance. If you wish to be contacted, please send me a private message with your contact info. 

Regards,

Christian 

Message 4 of 7
showfire
Aspirant

Having the same issues for the kid filter but not with an adult filter, how do I resolve the issue?

Message 5 of 7
jason74
Aspirant

Christian,

Is there an solution to this?  This is the 3rd thread about school chrome books and HTPS errors.

I was using circle but stopped because of the same issue.

At this point, I'm ready to return the Orbi and go with a different router.

@Christian_R wrote:

Hello,

Thanks for confirming. I'd like for our support team to reach out to you for further assistance. If you wish to be contacted, please send me a private message with your contact info. 

Regards,

Christian 

Message 6 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello jason74, 

May you send me a private message with your contact info and serial number. I'd like for our support team to reach out for further assistance. 

Regards,

Christian 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7