Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Lost circle premium subscription and all settings

p15353
Initiate

Lost circle premium subscription and all settings

Nightmare with the Circle app on compatible Orbi RGR50

All was working well until today when subscription stopped despite my having an active subscription

Nothing I could so to get it back inc reboot everything many time. So, i canceled and reapplied subscription but now says either that I dont ave an active subscription (I do) or that your subscription is processing.

Need to get it sorted and would be really grateful for any help.

Also, despite having reset Circle, can I still restore settings from a backup on Circle?

Thanks Declan

Message 1 of 12
magandamommy
Aspirant

Re: Lost circle premium subscription and all settings

Having the same issue. Updated a lot of my apps in the app store today (iPhone 12.4.1), Netgear Orbi being one of them. After updating, noticed that my Orbi Circle app didn't have the premium features available. Thought that was strange but attributed it to the update. Tried to restore purchases, but it gave me a message that I'm "currently subscribed to this", which is true. In fact, it made me put in my password for the app store just to "restore the purchases", something it normally doesn't do, it usually just goes off of fingerprint. I just got the Orbi and signed up for Circle within the last 30 days, so I'm still technically on the free trial, but my card will be charged on June 20th for a 1 month subscription. The app was working just fine until I updated it today. It also shows up in my subscriptions on the app store, it's just the Circle app that doesn't seem to register I already have the subscription. Just kind of annoying because I've been having issue with this router from the start with it constantly dropping connection and now this. I actually really like the product and want to keep it bc of the parental control it gives me, but it's becoming more and more of a hassle than a help. 

Not sure if it's worth noting that I have the Circle with Disney app for the 1st generation Orbi, which is now starting to make me wonder if me having an older generation is the reason why I'm having so many issues. 

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 12
eshort
Aspirant

Same timing as original poster, same problem. iOS still shows active subscription, but Circle 1st generation app doesn't recognise it. If I try to buy it again it reports that the subscription exists, but if I try to restore the purchase it doesn't find it. Interestingly the price has also gone up since i subscribed a few months ago. Has something changed in the last couple of days?

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 12
TajPatel
Initiate

I just signed up and looks like they have some outage for the premium features .

See the note on there website
https://support.meetcircle.com/hc/en-us

Our team is currently aware of an issue where the premium features for your Circle on NETGEAR do not appear, cannot be modified, and you are asked to renew your subscription.
We have our engineering department working on this issue to resolve it as soon as possible.

You will not need to renew or restart your subscription for the premium features.
Your premium features will remain in place.
Once resolved the ability to edit your premium features will return without any action on your part.
This page will be updated once the issue is resolved.

When it works does it work smoothly?
I am in the trial period and need this to work
Message 4 of 12
eshort
Aspirant

Thanks Taj, good to see they've noticed it and are working on it. Although a bit of a pain to set up initially, it has been good and pretty reliable until now.

Message 5 of 12
alm99
Guide

This has been broken for two and half days now. Unacceptable as I pay for the Circle service to have the premium service available.

No real ETA of when the fix will be released. Just “soon”. I was already considering replacing this garbage router system with all the lag, excessive pings and constant issues with our satellite. This is likely the final nail in the coffin.
Message 6 of 12
SteinbeckDJ
Aspirant

Adding myself to the affectted list. 

Before finding these forums, I tried to follow troubleshooting steps.

One note i would make is when I followed the steps to remove subscription from Google Play Store and resubscribe thorugh the Circle app, it sent a second charge to my bank. Thankfully Google had a request refend within 10 days system, so I used that and they have acceptted the refund request. 

I see now this looks like a wider outage than a simple mishap with my account, assume that would increase the priority to resolve the issue.

Message 7 of 12
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Circle Community, 

Our engineering team is aware of the issue and working with Circle on a fix. We currently do not have an ETA on a resolution. I would recommend following the link below for further updates. 

https://support.meetcircle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001393971--SERVICE-INCIDENT-5-30-2020-Circle-on-...

Thank you for your patience,

Christian 

Message 8 of 12
alm99
Guide

Are serious? No ETA? Do you even know what broke it in the first place?

Message 9 of 12
busymama
Initiate

This is outrageous! It has been 5 days! My kids are having a great time! I have to reply on router settings to control the wifi time! Did you find the problem? What could take 5 days????? Any explanations would help your customers!

I am looking for alternatives for Disney Circle! There gotta be other options out there than this unstable thing!!

Message 10 of 12
eddeandres
Aspirant

I’m also experiencing the issue. You can still pause internet access using the free circle with Disney feature for any/all of your kids devices, and the filters still work so it’s not the end of the world.
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 11 of 12
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Circle Community, 

Circle Premium features should be restored. Please check out the article below for more information. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Circle-Smart-Parental-Controls/Circle-Premium-Features-Have-Been-Re...

Christian 

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7