Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Need help with Circle

tlmiller33
Aspirant

Need help with Circle

I have enabled Circle with Disney on my Nighthawk R7000 router for Patental Controls.  I have decided to try out the 30 day trial of the Premium version of Circle.  I have setup profiles for each of my kids, set filtering, time limits, bedtime and devices.  On my son's profile, I have added 2 devices.  What I am finding is that there is usage when I know my son isn't using the 2 devices.  When I look at the history, it shows Apple.com, gmail.com, icloud.com, Windows.com, Microsoft.com just to name a few of the websites contibuting to the usage.  I round a FAQ from Circle that mentioned turning off Background App Refresh on Apple devices, which I did.  I also set a lot of those sites that I listed to unmanaged.  However, they are still showing up under usage.  Right now I am not confident in the Circle app.  Today, before my son even touched his devices, the usage showed 30 minutes.  Are there other settings I need to set to get more accurate usage?  I wanted to be able to rely on this app to know how much time my kids were really online using their devices.  I had to turn off the Time Limits because it was saying they used their 4 hours, when in reality, they weren't really using their devices for that long.  I am not sure if I want to continue to use Circle after the 30 trial is over.  It just isn't accurate enough. If there are settings that would help, please let me know.

Message 1 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @tlmiller33, welcome to the community! If the you've already looked into the links listed below, you can try removing the profiles and re-creating them after you've made the adjustments on the devices.

https://support.meetcircle.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001380951-The-Time-in-Usage-Does-Not-Add-Up-Corr...

https://support.meetcircle.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003198291-My-Child-Wasn-t-Using-Their-Device-but...

https://support.meetcircle.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003198291-My-Child-Wasn-t-Using-Their-Device-but...

Dexter

Message 2 of 4
tlmiller33
Aspirant

Hello,

The adjustments that I made are on the Profiles, not the Devices.  I don't see a way to make the adjustments on the Devices.  If I re-create the Profile, I would need to start all over with my adjustments.  I think the issue is that Circle needs mark some traffic as background traffic and that activity should not count against the usage for the Profile.  Anything with Windows.com, Microsoft.com, Apple.com should be know sites that should not count as usage.  These sites are used for Windows update, app updates, etc. 

I am finding that Circle is not a good app for managing my kids Internet/device usage.  Even after I made all of the adjustments, and marked Windows.com and Apple.com as unmanaged, it is still showing up as usage.  I find this very frustrating.  I need Circle to hear this feedback.  How do I get feedback to Circle?  

Message 3 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7