Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Need to add Circle to AX6000 / RBK850!!

EchostormFury
Apprentice

Please contact Netgear Technical Support while you are still in the warranty window to communicate with them directly and voice your dissatisfaction with the lack of Circle.  Once you lose coverage then you're stuck to venting on these message boards and Netgear hasn't paid any attention to us for the last year+!  I complained and pointed out these problems from DAY 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu4kB85W78c&t=26s and today there is still no Circle.

Message 26 of 34
dtay
Luminary

@subarctic wrote:

I found this thread while browsing after posting elsewhere in the forum, and was very surprised.

I've been considering upgrading my "original" Orbi for a newer model--but not now.  No way, until Circle or a comparable parental control feature is implemented.

I had ignored Circle as a feature since...well, since forever.  But when the pandemic drove my kids to online schooling, I finally got around to implementing it.  It's become an essential part of how I manage our family's Internet access.

I know this doesn't add much to the converation, but I wanted to add my voice the the crowd in the hopes that Netgear will realize that this is an essential feature that many can't do without. 

I am running Circle Plus (in "compatibility mode") with my RBK853 and I don't think it's really working or fully compatible; otherwise why would Circle have a disclaimer on their website saying that they're still investigating issues with the RBK8xxx series while the RBK7xx series will work, under "compatibility mode"?

Issues that I've experienced with my Circle Plus and RBK853 includes:

- Significant degradation of speeds; my internet is Fios 1Gbps and without Circle enabled, the Windows clients typically see about 750-850 Mbps internet speeds.  With Circle enabled and a profile attached, those speeds drop down to < 80 Mbps!

- Random disconnection/slowness; I haven't been able to pin this down yet to a root cause but some of the Windows and iPad clients would randomly disconnect or not pass the traffic through even with the profiles disabled.  The only recourse was to move them off the profiles to an unassigned profile or temporarily disable Circle Plus 

Message 27 of 34
Jmauser33
Tutor

Would love a little more information Cristian, Ideally, an indication of where mergers is with adding circle parents control support with this router. I just dropped $1k on this router package, specifically because i thought it worked with circle.

As fast as it is, i have to return this if the functionality isn’t showing up in the next few weeks.
Message 28 of 34
PLSY
Aspirant

Can anyone tell me when will be available Circie in RBK850.  I have already waited for over 9 months about this.

Message 29 of 34
dtay
Luminary

@PLSY wrote:

Can anyone tell me when will be available Circie in RBK850.  I have already waited for over 9 months about this.

Same here but I have the standalone Circle Plus, which seems to work (for the most part) with AX6000 except for some performance degradation.

Interestingly, Circle has updated their router compatibility list with the following now:

⚠︎ Orbi RBR750, RBK752, and RBK753 (Only compatible with Circle Home Plus, Use Compatibility Mode if issues are seen)
⚠︎ Orbi RBR850/RBS850, RBK852, and RBK853 (Only compatible with Circle Home Plus, Use Compatibility Mode and fully update the router firmware if issues are seen)

Prior to this update, their notes said it wasn't compatible and they were "investigating the issues."

Message 30 of 34

Add me to the list of users looking for Circle app to be natively supported on an Orbi Router RBR850.   I would think a $700 product like this would have parental controls.

Message 31 of 34
erikdnj
Initiate

+1. Come on, Netgear!!

Message 32 of 34
Howison
Aspirant

Any update form Netgear?  I am about to order the Orbi Pro SXK80 system, but now may back out of it.

Message 33 of 34
FURRYe38
Guru

Only heard that Orbi AX home version will be getting parental controls. Nothing about Pro version. 

Message 34 of 34
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7