Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk 7900 random redirect to routerlogin.net with Disney circle enabled

sub0cool
Aspirant

Nighthawk 7900 random redirect to routerlogin.net with Disney circle enabled

Has anyone had trouble with being redirected to routerlogin.net when trying to access a website?  I have this happen randomly, but when it does happen, i can't access the website, or sometimes multiple websites, at all.  I log into the router, disable Disney Circle, and the problem goes away at an instant.  Re-enable circle, and it's the same random "blocking".  

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Nighthawk 7900 random redirect to routerlogin.net with Disney circle enabled

Hi @sub0cool,

Welcome to the community!

1. What is the firmware version of the router?

2. Does the issue persist on all your devices?

3. Have you checked the profiles and filtering on which the affected devices are under?

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 4
sub0cool
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk 7900 random redirect to routerlogin.net with Disney circle enabled

1. What is the firmware version of the router?  V1.0.3.8_10.0.37

2. Does the issue persist on all your devices?  Yes, laptops and Ipads

3. Have you checked the profiles and filtering on which the affected devices are under?  The devies that it affects are even devices that are no  in a filter list for Disney circle.  Disney Circle is built into the firmware.

I do believe i have found a bug in the firmware.  I have a data limit, where i get charged more if i go over 400 GB per month.  I setup the router to turn a light Amber on the router to alert me to tell everyone to cut back the use, but not shutdown the internet.  I have upped the limit on the router, making it think i have not hit the "limit" for the month, and actually reset the statics for the monthly total, since, the problem has not reoccured.

So there is something strange with bandwidth "limits" and Disney Circle enabled on the router that was causing this issue.  I've not had a single problem since, and it was pretty consistant before. (once every couple of minutes)

Message 3 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @sub0cool,

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7