Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk AC2300 with high speed cable modem CM700 with circle included has hijacked my devices

MamaJ79
Follower

Nighthawk AC2300 with high speed cable modem CM700 with circle included has hijacked my devices

So where to start... I just moved into a new home and was constantly having my wifi signal dropped. So upon looking at our options my husband and I choose the nighthawk AC2300 with disney circle and high speed cable modem. Once installed it seemed to work for a week or two. We soon were dropping wifi again throughout the house. I figured we set something up wrong. So we diconnected it and reset it up. I installed the circle app on my phone and things went well for awhile. We were still having dropped wifi but it seemed like less than before. Then it started dropping more often over the next month..... then it would be ok for a few weeks....... then it would start dropping again. One night I went to unblock one of my kids devices on the circle app. It said circle could not be found. I messed around with it (turned my phone off/on synced it) nothing same message. I waited because I figured our signal just got dropped again and it would eventually reconnect (even though everything else was running ok). Next night ... same thing, next night... same thing. So I decided to uninstall the circle app. That seemed to work but not on all the devices. Some of my kids were having issuses using apps that I had blocked. So, I thought I'll just reinstall the app and maybe that will work but I wanted to wait for the night when everyone was in bed and I could set it up in peace. Well...... that evening I LOST my phone. Fast forward a few days and the devices that seemed to be clear of the circle controls started showing blocked again. Grr... not sure what to do now. Probably an easy answer but at this point I'm so angry I just want to give up. Any suggestions?

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 1 of 2
Jgueydan
Tutor

Re: Nighthawk AC2300 with high speed cable modem CM700 with circle included has hijacked my devices

You might have to do a factory reset of your router. That should clear up any settings you had, but you'll have to reconfigure everything from scratch.
On a side note, if your living around other homes, try changing the wireless channel settings or using the 2.4G.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7