Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk - Circle

speedster99
Aspirant

Nighthawk - Circle

Hi,

Enabled Parental Controls on the router admin page. It directed me to install Circle 1st Gen app on Android which I complied with.

The app says 'We found circle'. Clicked on Manage Circle. Chose 'I'm the only CIrcle Admin'. It says 'passcode sent'. Not sure where it goes - may be blackhole.

How do I retrieve it?

Thanks!

Model: R6900|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 14
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello speedster99,

Welcome to the community! Were you able to setup a phone number on your Circle account for the passcode to be sent? 

Thanks,
Christian 

Message 2 of 14
speedster99
Aspirant

Hi Christian,

Firstly, thanks so much for your quick reply! Much appreciated.

It was while trying to set my "Circle 1st Generation" account using my Android phone that it was asking for the passcode.

Where can I do it?

How do I get the code?

Thanks again!

Model: R6900|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 3 of 14
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi speedster99,

Happy to help! Please check out the article linked below on how to edit your account information. 

https://support.meetcircle.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001381972-How-Do-I-Change-My-Account-Details-for...

Christian 

Message 4 of 14
speedster99
Aspirant

Hi Christian,

On my Android Galaxy S10, I installed the Circle 1st Gen app. I don't see the menu though; the entire screen is occupied and no menu is visible.

I captured two screen recordings for you to debug easily.

The first one is I go to Nighthawk app and click on Parental Controls.

The second one is I access the Circle app directly.

In both cases, I don't see the menu at all nor the passcode. It claims to have sent it except I'm not sure which number it went to.

Please help.

Thanks!

Netgear1

Netgear2

Message 5 of 14
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi speedster99,

Thanks for getting back. I have sent you a message. 

Christian 

Message 6 of 14
speedster99
Aspirant

Hi Christian,

I got your private message. However, I don't see a way to reply to you. Hope I don't have to post the info asked for in this public forum.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with these forums.

Thanks!

Message 7 of 14
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi speedster99, 

No worries! There should be a "reply" button on the bottom right hand corner at the page when viewing my message. 

Best,
Christian 

Message 8 of 14
speedster99
Aspirant

Hi Christian,

There indeed is a Reply button using which I'm replying now. However, I don't see a Reply button in your private message.

If my reply to your forum message is private, then I'll be happy to provide the info asked for. Otheriwse, please let me know how I can reach you in a private message.

Thanks!

Message 9 of 14
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi speedster99, 

May you provide me with a screenshot from your end when viewing my private message. Furthermore, you may provide me with your serial number in the meantime and I'll have the post edited to remove the sensitive information. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 10 of 14
speedster99
Aspirant

Hi Christian,

A PNG file is attached that shows the window of your private message that doesn't have a Reply button, or at least I couldn't find it.

My router's serial #:

Thanks!

Message 11 of 14
speedster99
Aspirant

Message 12 of 14
Babiboi
Aspirant

I am also having the same problem. I am the admin and because my Cirle kept saying not connected, I reinstalled and now I get prompted for my passcode. I did not set up a phone on the account so I assume it is going nowhere. Is there a default password?

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 13 of 14
speedster99
Aspirant

Thanks so much, Christian, for solving my issue by emailing the PIN. I appreciate your help very much!

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7