Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R7000 Getting duplicate push notifications from Circle on Android

todrop
Aspirant

Nighthawk R7000 Getting duplicate push notifications from Circle on Android

We have been using Circle Premium with our router for about a year and a half. Over the last few months we've been experiencing a gradually worsening issue. Whenever I get a notification from Circle, such as "Circle has lost its Internet connection" or "...has reached their time limit", I get the message multiple times. Initially, I would get the notification two times, but then I started getting three, then four, and in the last few days I've started getting five. So each time Circle sends a push notification, I now get five of them. I've included a screenshot.

I am using an Android phone running v8.0 which has the latest version of the Circle app. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and I've rebooted the router. Interestingly, we also have an iPhone connected with the app and it does not get duplicates. So it seems like it may be something with the Android app. Any suggestions on what else try? 

Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router

Router Firmware: 1.0.9.88_10.2.88

Circle Firmware: 2.0.8.9

Android: 8.0.0

Circle App: 2.1.5

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
todrop
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk R7000 Getting duplicate push notifications from Circle on Android

I seem to have resolved the issue (at least temporarily) by clearing all the app's data, uninstalling it, and then reinstalling. I guess I'll have to wait to see if the duplicates come back.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @todrop, welcome to the community! This may be best handled/checked by the Circle support team. You can reach them on their support channels on the link below.

https://support.meetcircle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026372892-Contact-Circle-Support

Dexter

Message 2 of 5
todrop
Aspirant

Well I thought the same thing and contacted them first, since I'm guessing the problem is with their mobile app. However, it seems as soon as they hear you are using Circle via a Netgear router, they won't help and direct you to Netgear support. Since I purchased my router more than 90 days ago, Netgear support directs me here (even though I pay a monthly fee for premium Circle). 

This was their response:

Since you are using the Circle on NETGEAR software on your router, please contact NETGEAR support for all future requests or replies on this issue. Their team is fully trained and delegated to deal with these requests, including all items related to the Circle app or features. The Circle on NETGEAR support site can be visited using this link.

Contacting Circle on NETGEAR Support

The Circle on NETGEAR Support team can be reached using the instructions below:

1. Visit here and under the heading "Contact NETGEAR Support" select "Get help on my NETGEAR Product".
  2. Check the "I have a NETGEAR product without a serial number." option.
  3. Enter Circle as your product and your most recent subscription renewal date for Circle on NETGEAR Premium as the purchase date. (Note: support is only offered for the Premium version. Circle on NETGEAR Basic users will need to refer to the NETGEAR support website and forums for assistance.)
  4. This will get you the best contact info for Circle on NETGEAR support. (For ease of access I have attached a photo of what this will look like.)

Why do I need to contact NETGEAR support?

Our team, here at Circle Support, is solely dedicated and trained on our Circle Smart Parental Controls app and the Circle Home Plus hardware. The team here does not have the necessary tools to assist with Circle on NETGEAR issues. Circle on NETGEAR for your router and the Circle device are two separate software suites which operate differently from one another.

The Circle on NETGEAR support team is fully trained to deal with Circle on NETGEAR issues, and they have been tasked with that support. They will be able to best assist you with the most up to date information on your router, Circle on NETGEAR, and troubleshooting steps.

Again, thanks for contacting our team and appreciate you reaching out to NETGEAR for further assistance with your router and its software.

Message 3 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @todrop, I've sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Dexter

Message 4 of 5
todrop
Aspirant

I seem to have resolved the issue (at least temporarily) by clearing all the app's data, uninstalling it, and then reinstalling. I guess I'll have to wait to see if the duplicates come back.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7